Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having this problem but not just related to socials and on a vampire I'm controlling. My vampire was teleporting every time I made him do a new interaction. Even doing an action within the room he already was in, like cleaning a dish, forced him to teleport. Sometimes the action would cancel too. This results the sim just teleporting to the same place over and over. I can't honestly play Vampires like this. The bat form/teleport feature did not work like this before, it used to work well, Maxis broke it somehow.

Message 31 of 68 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If I have 'Always travel as a bat" enabled I can't harvest from more than one plant with any sim (action cancels after the first one), some can't take leftovers from the fridge (sim takes a serving from group meal and then immediately puts single serving back in the fridge), can't finish cooking (they just stop and put down partially done dishes and walk away) and some of my sims can't do any socials. Cancelling the Always Travel as Bat setting solves the problem for affected sims, but then they can't travel as bats except when specifically directed. I don't have any most form in my game and only one sim with the vampiric run, and she doesn't seem to be affected. I've had to disable the bat form for everyone.

Message 32 of 68 (844 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same on PS4, everything but the fast-run seems to be bugged for vampires. So lame.

Message 33 of 68 (801 Views)

★★ Guide

Same issue here. And when you play mostly with vampires? Ye.. Just kills the game.. Frown
And now they can't even clean up dishes. They take one plate, stand still, then puts it down.

Message 34 of 68 (758 Views)

★★ Guide

Anyone know if a mod fix exists for this?

Message 35 of 68 (711 Views)

Vlad the vampire turns into a bat everytime my sim tries to talk to him

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, excepts spa day, paranormal stuff pack, laundry day, movie hangout, nifty knitting, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go and try to talk to Vlad the vampire
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to talk to Vlad, whether it's on my home lot or his (havent tried on public lots) as as soon as my sim approaches him he turns into a bat and goes somewhere else or comes back to the same place after a while when my sim already cancels the interaction with him. That happens pretty much everytime. i tried different households and different game saves. Happens all the time. I very rarely manage to actually talk to him. I had a vampire sim and wanted him to learn from Vlad but it was so hard I gave up on it. Doesn't happen with any ther pre-made vampires in game, just Vlad. I only noticed it recently as I don't play with vampires very often (or try to talk to vlad).
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to talk to Vlad and him not turning into a vampire as soon as my sim get's close.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Vlad turns into a bat and flies away every time my sim tries to interact with him.

Message 36 of 68 (682 Views)

Re: Vlad the vampire turns into a bat everytime my sim tries to talk to him

★★★★ Expert

A couple of days ago, I aged my twin vampire teens up into adults. Each twin did 3-5 bat transformations as part of blowing out candles.  Perhaps more.  I had to send them up to bed after, as they burned up a ridiculous amount of vampire energy blowing out birthday candles.

My impression, right or wrong, is that each step, any time they shift weight, moving their body to a slightly different angle in relation to their birthday cake, etc.... each one of those tiny actions is a bat transformation. In other words, it's too sensitive and they need to maybe be taking two steps before bat transformation kicks in?

Message 37 of 68 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@exome5135As of May 26th 2021 this is still affecting my Sims. Anytime they need to readjust their position or start a new animation they will teleport away only to reappear in the same spot over and over again. Most notably NPC vampires who have Mist or Bat form enabled for their movement default.

Message 38 of 68 (608 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It is frustrating that I have reported this many times to EA since November 2020. They still have not fixed the issue. Each update I have hope, which is quickly dashed. Not enough people are complaining about it to bring it to their attention. There are so many bugs in Sims 4 that use of Mods have become necessary just to enjoy playing the game. 

Message 39 of 68 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So many updates and even new packs have been released recently - yet vampires are still unplayable.

What a joke.

Message 40 of 68 (534 Views)