Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I've read through this thread and I have an issue that seems to fit this topic.  To get away from the Mist/Bat issue I removed all travel forms.  My Vampires have no points in Mist or Bat forms.  Now all they do is turn to Mist with no option in their menu to turn off that form.  I stopped playing them last fall when the constant mist vanish social interactions started occurring; and I have my other Sims just not interact with any Vampires given how frustrating it is presently.  I've run a repair, started a new game, and renamed to get a fresh Sim ID.  I only recently added a mod, but it has had no effect in this issue.

I only recently re-allocated the points to remove Mist/Bat forms, so I'm not sure how long this auto-mist without having that power has been going on.

Message 21 of 68 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So, this does not seem to be fixed for me. has there been any update to address this? have been playing with several vampires again, and non-player vampires, even ones that I have played before and where I have disabled "always move as bat", are flying all over the place. often in ways that make it difficult to interact with them, because the interaction sometimes gets cancelled or there's a routing issue.

Message 22 of 68 (1,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I have a vampire Mixologist--er, I thought it was funny, also she cooks but doesn't eat--and... yeah.  She cannot cook with "always move as bat" on because each step is a bat transformation, and then she loses track of what she's doing and I have to constantly tell her to resume the meal. 

I assumed that EA didn't test that because vampires don't eat (food), so I turn off "always move as bat" whenever I want her to cook.  (She doesn't have children--yet--but vampire kids do eat food, so even if vamps don't eat food themselves it's not inconceivable that they might cook.  She's a mixologist with roommates, and she cooks for them and also to get her skill up for work, etc.  Also, plasma fruit salad.) 

I also have another save with a vampire married couple who have difficulty having romantic conversations because "U WATTAH SUNE! *poof!*" constantly.  LOL. 

Er.  In other words, me too.

Message 23 of 68 (1,319 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Will this be fixed? How long do we need to wait for EA to fix this bug! It is so frustrating to keep reporting this bug only for it to be ignored every updates.

Message 24 of 68 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Guide

Disablling Fly Here As a Bat is useless, sure it works, but only for that session, if you play rotationally, they automously switch it back on leaving yourself have to switch it off again and again and again, everytime you get round to playing them

Message 25 of 68 (1,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same issue here. I have a Sim that I worked up to be a Grand Master Vampire. He has the perks to move like both mist or bat. When I rotate out of his house to play a different household, I make sure that “always move like mist” and “always move like bat” are disabled. But the minute he becomes an NPC, he begins moving non-stop as a bat. To the point where he can longer be interacted with by other Sims. I have been playing as the Sim that is his girlfriend but it’s completely impossible to interact with him. I will queue up interactions for her to do with him, but once I hit play he just begins turning into a bat, constantly disappearing and reappearing in the same general location. Whenever he does that, any interactions I queued up for my Sim to have with him just fall off the queue and never happen. It’s literally now impossible for him to be interacted with at all. Extremely frustrating. 

P.S. - I play on PS4 (so no mods) and I do NOT have Eco Lifestyle. 

P.P.S. - I just did a little experiment. I used cheats to redo all of my vampire’s perks and this time I didn’t unlock the mist or bat form perks. I then went in and played as his girlfriend Sim and the interactions with him seem to be working much better. At least for the few things I tested, he didn’t change into a bat or mist even once, and they were able to complete the interactions I queued up for them. So I think, if it stays this way, this will help interacting with him as a NPC. However, when I briefly went in and played as him, for some strange reason, he can now ONLY move as mist. Which is really bizarre because now he doesn’t even have that perk unlocked. ?????? So while it seems to have solved a problem in once scenario, it created a problem in another. 

Message 26 of 68 (1,215 Views)

★ Guide

Having played Vampires for so long I have to wonder if other sims exist, I can confirm (wholeheartedly) the Bat/Mist Form issue. At first, it wasn't too bad, and my only real issues were that you can't turn off an NPC vampire's teleportation (they just turn it back on, and even with MCCC Tuner, it still occurs), and that a vampire couldn't teleport past obstacles. Now the latter issue is fixed, but the former is the same, and vampire sims teleport for the slightest step (multiple times sometimes, and other times they just teleport ad nauseum) and this affects active sims with the teleportation powers. 

Vampires are the best occult made thus far for TS4. There have been very few bugs with major playability impact (that I've experienced). Please address this issue. 

Message 27 of 68 (1,113 Views)

★ Guide

For me it is not the vampire herself but the sim who tries socializing with her. I play rotationally and haven't played with any vampires in a long while, but last time I did it wasn't an issue. Now it is. My sim can't have any interactions with this vampire friend because whenever I queue something up she turns into a bat, the action gets cancelled and then she reappears in the same spot, or close by. Try talking to her again, anything: bat. Rinse and repeat.

This is getting ridiculous. You'd expect a game that we literally spend hundreds of dollars on would have a higher priority on bug fixing. By now I have a huge list of bugs (old and new) that never get fixed, not even aknowledged by the devs in most cases. The community tries to get by with workarounds, cheats and mods because at this point no one has any delusions that something will be done about it. I keep stumbling onto bugs I have never had before, and googling shows that some of them have existed for years. And every new patch seems to bring new bugs. I just... don't understand.

Sorry for the rant. Having to deal with a lot of bugs all at once just takes the joy out of this game. Imagine how much more fun it would be if things just worked as intended. Is it too much to ask?

Message 28 of 68 (1,085 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. All my sim wants in life is to have babies with Vlad, but the constant mist form issue is game-breaking as far as that's concerned. It definitely wasn't like this before, but I took a long break because of some other long-standing unadressed bug so I can't say when it first started happening.

Message 29 of 68 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Pro

I had to delete my old Vlad and replaced with a Vlad version without bat/mist form. Socializing is not possible if the vampire is unplayed because fly always as mist/bat is per default on and the game force these settings of every vampire (NPC and Played if rotation!)

Nexusmods have a Mod for it (Vampires NPC Bat Mist Run Movement Disable) <- Works only if you never encounter the vampire. If you play vanilla, you can remove the perk in Bat/Mist. It should stop it too, works too with the running. (I removed vampirerun from the Vatore twins because its suffer from the same problem)

So, my vanilla solution is for now. Drink respect potion if i rotate away and drink respect if i play it. (Never use always move as bat/mist because.. is worse as the bike)

Message 30 of 68 (998 Views)