Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampires Harvest All/Tend Garden for only one plant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Laundry Day Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It takes some time to show up, at least for me, and it started after I moved my sim to the penthouse apartment that the bug started to happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim harvests one plant then gives the message "Looks like that's all to harvest right now!'. This also happens with Tending Garden, I receive a message "No plants need tending at the moment." and only one plant is tended to when there are still weeds and others around that need tending.
What do you expect to see? My sim stands there and harvests one plant and tends to the one plant I issued the command for (Harvest All or Tend Garden) and then goes off back to play on the computer or do something else leaving all the other plants still with harvest-able items or in need of weeding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

2fc68410d2330ea8e73e885e019d9b69.jpgbf8e65887f79013e4927890d741faf7b-jpg.jpgThis is the constant message that appears. I have removed the plants and replanted completely different plants and the issue persists even after all custom content is removed and the mods folder is left with just the resource file. I have repaired the game, uninstalled and reinstalled, and to no avail this issue has persisted after a little bit of time. It doesn't always start right off, it's only after a little bit that it starts to happen (and only AFTER the sim has moved lots) but this is only tested once as I have not attempted to duplicate that particular part.

In the picture you can see that there are still weeds on the plants and only one or two have been harvested while the message persists saying there seems to be no more plants in need of harvesting. Even with mods and custom content removed this problem has persisted.

Cache's have been deleted and all the things reset as you can see in the second photo the mods and CC has been removed and the problem persists.

Message 1 of 61 (7,593 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

Hero

Vampire Sims with Full Sun Resistance are now able to properly tend to gardens and not tend to plants one at a time.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 61 (5,100 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

Hero

Hi @Shyvae

I've tested this in my save and have no issues. Also have not seen any other reports on this.

Have you tried a fresh save for testing purposes with a fresh garden to see if you still have the same issue or if it's save game related ? Also a different garden in the same save ?

You did say it only happens after a while so I'm going to tag this as needs Input for now to see if others also have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (7,476 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

★★★ Novice

When I wake up I'm going to test it in a brand new save. I'll update this if there is a repeat or change. (I'll be testing this in both forms Mods+CC and without.)

Message 3 of 61 (7,464 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this is exactly the same issue, but I have issues with Harvest All/Tend Garden not noticing plants.

It seems like certain spots on my Lot are "blind spots" when it comes to Harvest All and Tend Garden.

Tend Garden Blindspot

Here's my garden, it's in the corner of the Bargain Bend lot over in Willow Creek.

The circled plants are affected by this "blind spot".

If I use Tend Garden or Harvest All in this area, it tends the plants outside of the circle, but as soon as those are done, it stops, acting like the others don't exist.

Even if I click on one of the circled plants and choose Tend Garden on them, my Sim will just walk over to the ones outside of the circled area and tend them properly, but still not work on the others.

If I move the circled plants over to the right, outside of the "blind spot" they begin to get noticed by Tend Garden/Harvest All, but if I move them back to the left area, or if I move any others there, they start getting overlooked.

It's not a disaster, as I can still individually harvest them and such, but it's still inconvenient.

Message 4 of 61 (7,430 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed that your sim is a vampire. This only happens to my vampire sims, so it might be related to that?

Message 5 of 61 (7,423 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens to my Vampires.  I haven't had it happen to an Alien or "Human" Sim.

Message 6 of 61 (7,414 Views)

★★ Guide

Huh, that could be what their problem is, where it makes them stop after a single action.

It could've been put in as a countermeasure to keep autonomous Vampire Sims from staying outside in the sun gardening.

Although, my vampire has level 3 of the Sun Resistance thing, so he's immune to the sun, so it'd be kind of annoying if that was the case, and it didn't change after becoming immune to sunlight damage.

Message 7 of 61 (7,407 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrictI've had some really strange things happen with this bug.  I play a Vampire, so I tend to stay in Forgotten Hollow.  The house I use, I placed where Straud Manor is (moving Vlad's house to Fledermaus Bend).  I started a new game, and my two Vampires where unable to harvest all, but the two humans were able to harvest all.  I moved the lot to Fledermaus Bend (putting Straud Manor back), and got the same results.  I moved the lot to Oakenstead in Willow Creek, and my Vampires could harvest all.  I haven't tried the other neighborhoods (I was just happy I could harvest and tend my large garden).  I still have the can't hire a gardener issue, but that is another bug in another thread.

Message 8 of 61 (7,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

My sim is a vamp and have exactly the same issue. Also my sim is a grand master vamp and immune to sunlight. 

Message 9 of 61 (7,327 Views)

Hero

I've changed the title a bit and made this Vampire specific (although my vampires don't seem to care much for this issue and harvest all even in Forgotten Hallow)

If anyone sees it on a non-vampire, let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 61 (7,319 Views)