by ScarletteII

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Vampire eye scars on my spellcaster sims not removeable

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all Expansions, all Game Packs, and all the Stuff Packs except for Paranormal. I do not have any Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, create a couple spellcasters, then play with genetics for a bit. Make sure it is set to child (teen) or sibling (teen or young adult) even works. 
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't have the choice to remove the eye scars on spellcasters generated from playing with genetics. It acts like a feature that the spellcaster simply has, and I have to deal with it even though my spellcasters are not hybrids. Hovering over the eye scars tab does not prompt the red “x” to pop up to be rid of the feature. “Changing” the feature to a different eye scar simply adds the new scars on top of the non-removeable scars, and only removes the added scars, not all scars. Generating new sims doesn't take it away either, and I even got a Scarecrow (!) once.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the red “x” pop up to be delete the feature when hovering over eye scars tab. I expect to see all the eye scars in the facial details tabs, available for placement or removal at my discretion for spellcaster sims when I play with genetics and when I don’t.  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure, but I know that I'm not the only simmer affected (https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/fs8gmc/vampire_skin_details_on_my_spellcaster_sims/) although this was on a different platform.

The images I'm including are of the missing eye scars (if that even makes sense), the sim spellcasters generated using genetics, and said Scarecrow. The point is we have missing eye scars for the spellcasters. They are all available for the vampires.

Edit By Crinrict: Moved to bug forum and filled out form from info given. Added tag to title

Message 1 of 12 (8,623 Views)

Re: Vampire eye scars on my spellcaster sims not removeable

Hero
@ScarletteII Sounds like it might be a symptom of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-V-Born-Spellcasters-don-t-have-Occult-Face/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (8,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Enlightening. I just want the scars off my sims lol. It's is so hard trying to replicate a face without playing with genetics. And it's been nearly two years according to that post.

Anyways, thanks for responding. 

Message 3 of 12 (8,588 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have also noticed this problem and find I have to randomize many times to be able to get a sim created using genetics in CAS that doesn't have the scars that the game doesn't let me remove.

Here's a recent example I've had (spellcaster teen sibling created in CAS using genetics). 

My game version is PC: 1.73.57.1030

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 4 of 12 (8,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It seems they removed the options for vampiric face features for Spellcasters in CAS but the initial problem didnt get solved. When I create a new Sim by using genetic experiment on an existing spellcaster, nearly all results have at least one of the ugly vampire face features without any option to remove them. Only way to work around this is clicking the create random sibling button as often as it takes the game to give you a face without any of those features, very annoying.
Since I've seen a few posts about hybrid bugs I might add that this (also?) happens if the original Spellcaster was created in the same CAS just a few seconds before, without ever even seeing a vampire.

simsbug.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (8,365 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having this problem as well and what worked for me is using cheats in game. I just used the cheat to remove the spellcaster trait and the vampire scars instantly went away. After that I entered the cheat to give her powers back and the scars didn't return. 

Message 6 of 12 (8,149 Views)

★★ Novice

I thought I was going insane!! I'm also having this issue with my spellcaster sims created in CAS. This thread made me realize they're vampire skin detail options (eye sockets, eye details, etc) that are not available for other occult sims, but for some reason still spawn when randomly generating a spellcaster sim (especially if using "play with genetics"), which means there are not options to remove these details. It feels like it's something like 1 in 10 generated sims that will *NOT* have at least one of these, whether it be the klingon forehead, the cracking face, scars, or the eyebags. At least the brother in this family got the one that looks like emo eye make-up, so it's not *too* horrid. 

I've uploaded the photos of the sims I'm trying to figure out how to fix in some way, for good measure/additional examples. 

Message 7 of 12 (7,859 Views)

★★ Novice

@KibaPup888 wrote:

I was having this problem as well and what worked for me is using cheats in game. I just used the cheat to remove the spellcaster trait and the vampire scars instantly went away. After that I entered the cheat to give her powers back and the scars didn't return. 

For anyone else having this issue and wanting to try the cheats (which work! YAY! Thanks!), I looked them up and thought I'd go ahead and stick them here in this thread to make it easier for others. Standard smile 

You'll have to turn on cheats with testingcheats on

Then use: 

traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult to Change your Spellcaster Sim back into a normal Sim -- This should immediately remove the occult face details...

Then just make them back into a spellcaster again with: 

traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult 

Message 8 of 12 (7,852 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire eye scars on my spellcaster sims not removeable

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I just had this happen. I have vampire skin details available for other parts of the face. The cracks are the only ones that are missing.

Message 9 of 12 (6,564 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire eye scars on my spellcaster sims not removeable

★★ Guide

Still got this issue. Always from creating a spellcaster using genetics in CAS. And it happens with all of the vampire facial details and you can't remove them.

Message 10 of 12 (5,244 Views)