Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire drank with permission, yet getting scolded

by ServerB0t

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Yep. This is happening to me. I’m playing a good vampire. Very annoying!

Message 21 of 55 (2,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Found the issue located in the tuning file vampire_Drink_WithPermission.

<L n="basic_extras">
  <V t="loot">
    <U n="loot">
      <L n="loot_list">
        <T>195286<!--loot_DramaNode_Reputation_Dialog_Bad_CaughtTakingBlood--></T>
      </L>
    </U>
  </V>
</L>

This "Loot Action" shouldn't be in the list, especially when there isn't a broadcaster for general reputation loss when spotted like the "Compel" and uncontrollable drink interactions have.

EDIT: On a more serious note, this "Loot Action" is also found in vampire_Drink_Target and vampire_AskToDrink_Target. These interactions are pushed on the target while drinking from them. The result is the victim being accused of drinking from others.

Message 22 of 55 (2,694 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So does that mean editing the file would fix/workaround this issue?
Message 23 of 55 (2,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's an instruction for the devs, but a modder with the correct tools could edit those resources to fix the problem. It's more involved than looking for something in the game's install directory.

Message 24 of 55 (2,678 Views)

★ Apprentice

i'm also having this issue. i have never drank blood without permission, i always ask (and receive) permission, and no other sims are even around to witness it other than the "victim" anyway. but i'll get text messages from random sims who aren't even on the same lot saying they can't believe i drank without permission right after i drink from someone else (with permission). and sometimes it does negatively effect my reputation, but it doesn't seem to happen every time (or maybe it does and i've just missed it).

the packs i have installed are:

city living, get famous, get to work, vampires (obviously), and vintage glamour.

Message 25 of 55 (2,592 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Could that same solution work for Sims who have been drank from? I don't even have any vampires in my household, and after Vlad broke in, the Sim that was targeted got the scolding message.

Message 26 of 55 (2,589 Views)

★★★★ Guide
One of my celeb sims received this message the day after a vampire drunk from her. Talk about victim shaming - my goodness!
In all seriousness, it was a bit strange. :O
Message 27 of 55 (2,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@lambcaey wrote:

Could that same solution work for Sims who have been drank from? I don't even have any vampires in my household, and after Vlad broke in, the Sim that was targeted got the scolding message.

The explanation in the edit section of the post is why victims are being blamed. Both the vampire and victim schedule themselves for a chance to receive the call within 48 sim hours.

Message 28 of 55 (2,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Posting here, because when I try to start a new topic with my bug, there is no option to submit, just to preview. This is the closest I can find to my bug.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a vampire breaks in and drinks from my sim without permission, my sim then receives messages accusing him of being the one drinking without permission and he also receives negative reputation from it. My sim is not even a vampire.
What do you expect to see? I see the vampire break in at night and drink from my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 29 of 55 (2,436 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this happen to my sim as well today!  However, my Vampire Sim isn't a celebrity but his wife is.  She was accused of drinking from sims without permission but she ISNT even a vampire.  never has been as he refuses her request to turn her every time!  Is that a bug?

Message 30 of 55 (2,335 Views)