Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire drank with permission, yet getting scolded

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire ask for permission to drink plasma succesfully, and watch the phone for texts.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets a text message saying "I can't believe that you've been drinking people's blood without their permission. That's just not right!" even though she hasn't drank without permission since a week after the Vampire pack released.
What do you expect to see? Nothing - I expect no texts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Get Famous, unsure if it was happening with just the pre-patch.

I don't believe this is adding any negative reputation to the Public Image system, but it's a little odd nonetheless. It doesn't happen every time she drinks, but I am seeing a correlation between her really liking the plasma of the sim she drank from, and getting the message. Have not tried it enough to times to say if that's related or just coincidence.

Message 1 of 55 (10,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Vampire drank with permission, yet getting scolded

Hero

Vampire Sims will no longer get scolded if they drink plasma from Sims even though they had been granted permission to do so.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

As this is the second attempt to fix this bug, it's best to have a new thread with all the current details if anyone is still seeing issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 55 (7,446 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I've been having this issue as well.

Except in my case it DOES negatively affect the reputation of the Sim.

As soon as I close out the message, or let it close out on its own, my Sim gets the red negative reputation symbol over their head and their reputation takes a hit.

Here's my screenshot, I set it alongside the Good Vampire aspiration, showing that she's currently on a 4 day streak of NOT drinking without permission. (Not that she's ever done that in the first place)

11-17-18_8-35-07 PM.png

I've been getting this message a short while after drinking from someone who offered their wrist. Which IS with permission.

It's kind of annoying, since I'm trying to keep this Sim's reputation high, and having to re-earn the reputation I lose from this is a pain.

Until this gets fixed, I guess I can just not drink from other Sims at all and just keep a healthy supply of Plasma Fruits and Plasma Packs.

Message 2 of 55 (10,484 Views)

★ Guide

I'm now also getting the negative reputation most of the time. 

I've also gotten the text after eating plasma fruit a few times, so that doesn't seem to be a perfect workaround either, sadly. 

Message 3 of 55 (10,448 Views)

★★ Guide

I’ve noticed this too. And it’s especially annoying since any prey sims keep escaping, so I’ve been trying to play a non-evil vampire.

Message 4 of 55 (10,431 Views)

★★ Novice

Just adding that this definitely affects the reputation system. My good vampire got 4 calls in a row about drinking without permission (has never happened) and he went from pristine rep to great.

Message 5 of 55 (10,416 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire drank with permission, yet getting scolded

Hero
Added for amount of me toos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 55 (10,389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to my vampire celebrity every single day now, and I NEVER drink without permission! Until the next patch, the best thing is to do a lot more good reputation actions to make up for the points that were wrongfully lost.

Message 7 of 55 (10,376 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★ Novice

I had a similar thing happen to my vampire celebrity.

The vampire got falsely accused of biting someone without permission,which is weird because I had that vampire feeding on plasma fruit,plasma janes and plasma packs to avoid damaging the pristine reputation.

Message 8 of 55 (10,312 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

Hero

Hi @Zankaras

moved your post over to the thread for this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (10,296 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Same for me, but I would like to add that I even got one of those messages before I was a vampire, way before.

But once I became a vampire they really ramped up, and I can't say that they seem to be related to drinking unless that includes bags and bartender-bought drinks.

Avoided drinking from other sims completely, but I still kept getting those messages from random sims with harsh reputation hits to go along with them.

Unless I'm constantly out in public doing positive interactions to counteract the negative reputation from those messages, it's basically impossible to stay positive.

Message 10 of 55 (10,251 Views)