[FIXED] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

by AlyraJayne

Original Post

Re: Vampire Breaking IN

★ Pro

@SimQARobo

I think this is at least partially fixed in my game because when going to most community lots I can get the travel action when a vampire is present.  However, after attending the Spice Festival with my sims I sent them to the karaoke bar to make sure all festival items disappeared.  While there Lilith Vatore came onto the lot with her creepy walk and the travel option wasn't allowed.

I do have the save where it could be rolled back to an earlier version, if saves are still needed for the issue.  Wasn't sure with time lapse if issue has now been tracked down, so you can let me know if you want it.

Message 51 of 95 (1,352 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @dolldrms1

If you have affected saves, it would be great if you could share them.  We're still having trouble tracking this issue down, unfortunately.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 52 of 95 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Here you go: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZLFY7em2gr0QYeTSGVZmKKqfj8

Family involved was Tester in Windenburg.  Had sent to Spice Festival & when they became tired had one sim napping on bench near basketball hoop and other sim napping on bench outside Waterside Warbler.  Sent sim from bench near basketball court to where other sim was to have them travel home.  Vampire actually first approached them on outside of building and I got the message they couldn't travel.  She followed them into the building where pic was taken.  I had to wait for her to exit the lot before travel was allowed.

As mentioned, in a normal trip to a community lot a vampire hasn't prevented travelling since this was fixed.  My best guess is it had something to do with them attending the Spice Festival first but it's just that, a guess.  The save and all backup versions are in the .rar.

@SimQARobo

Message 53 of 95 (1,292 Views)

EA Sims Team

@dolldrms1

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 95 (1,275 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

★ Guide
This happens from time to time in my games too. It's not every time vampires show up at a public lot, but every once in a while something must be glitching in the code. It happened most recently at the karaoke bar after the romance festival, and I realized that Vlad was serving as the bar tender! So he would never leave! Dude, he's not breaking in, he's just trying to earn some extra cash, lol.
Message 55 of 95 (1,237 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me but I was able to fix it by inviting the vampire on the lot to go somewhere.  Since she was a friend I just took her home.  Once we got there I could once again, build, manage households, save, etc.

Message 56 of 95 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

Happened to me as well at the Snakehole juice bar. I am the vampire. lol

lost a little progress, but no biggie.

Message 57 of 95 (1,068 Views)

★ Novice

just happened to me today. went on a date to a restaurant i placed in newcrest. now i cant leave because the vampire came inside.

Message 58 of 95 (1,051 Views)

★ Novice
...talked with the vampire a bit. maybe 2 or 3 interactions and was able to travel again.
Message 59 of 95 (1,048 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Vampire breaking in...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just got the Vampires pack recently and yesterday I had this issue as well.  I was playing a human sim at the time and was at a park at night.  I was not able to travel, go home, enter build mode, go to map view or save the game because a vampire was "breaking in".  There was only one other sim on the lot at the time.  I assume she was the vampire but it was hard to tell because she was just playing chess.  Judging from her badly put together outfit, she was a randomly generated sim.   After she finally left the lot I was able to travel and do all the other actions again.

Other posters have mentioned the Spice Festival.  In my case I did not attend the Spice Festival (in fact I don't think I've ever attended the Spice Festival in this particular saved game) but this oddity did occur on the same day as I got a Spice Festival notice.  My sim was in a club meeting at a spa at the time the notice about the Spice Festival popped up, but was no longer in a club meeting when the vampire glitch occurred.

I have played for many hours in a different saved game where one of my household sims is a vampire and have so far not encountered this issue in that game.

Message 60 of 95 (989 Views)