[FIXED] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

by AlyraJayne

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The save I play actually is not old at all but I did not try on new save games because it's a lot of work and waiting to make it happen. For the reason of not happening always turns difficult a marge for this issue to happen unless we have vampires next to lots around 23:00-04:00 pm!
Playing as vampire becomes easy because we can use powers to command them to leave...

Message 31 of 95 (1,867 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Vampire breaking in on community lots (or not)

★★ Novice

Thank you for posting how you solved this issue Large smileI was about to loose about 4 hours of game play because of this glitch and it wouldn't let me save ,but it worked when i talked to the vampire that 'broke in'.

Message 32 of 95 (1,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been having this problem also and the only way I've been able to cancel it out and not lose my progress is to try and have your Sim take a photo with another Sim and  the UI for the camera cancels that Vampire thing out and the game will go back to normal. I notice with a vampire is supposedly breaking in, you can't save, go back to the map or open build mode but using the camera overrides it.

That's the only way I know around this until they PLEASE fix it.

Message 33 of 95 (1,768 Views)

★★ Guide

This is continuing to happen in my game as well. I don't even have to be at a festival lot. My sim was just now at the art district working on her city aspiration and we got ready to go home at 5am and it wouldn't let me cause a vampire was breaking in. I seen Caleb over in the art building doing the vampire walk, playing with clay. 

I tried all the tricks to get us to go home, talk to him, invite him (and tried a separate person, too) to... wouldn't even bring up the neighborhood screen. I tried calling a friend, but they were asleep. Nothing worked, we were stuck on the lot. 

I really hope they fix this, as it's very frustrating that this is still going on and I have to keep my sims out over night, their needs tanking, waiting for a vampire to stop breaking in. 

Message 34 of 95 (1,738 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This bug had become very rare in my game, but since the last patch it's happening at every festival again.

Message 35 of 95 (1,683 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This just happened in my game. My sim was at the Romance Festival. I was able to find a vampire on the lot, introduced my sim to him, and then went home immediately afterward without any issues.

Message 36 of 95 (1,674 Views)

Re: [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

★★★★ Novice

I have this bug a lot, my Sims like to go to nightclubs at night and my game has a large vampire population.

I've found that if I get one of my sims to take a selfie, or any interaction which brings up the limited-type camera mode it uses, that it gets rid of the stuck state and my sims can go home.

I've used this method over and over since the bug appeared and it works pretty much every time.

@crinrict @IrishMadCat_EA

Message 37 of 95 (1,660 Views)

Re: [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the information @belovedshackle@iso

Message 38 of 95 (1,645 Views)

Vampire Break ins

★★★ Apprentice

I guess it wasn't enough to have alien abduction in the getting to work expansion we also need vampire break ins. Talk about trying to raise a family in a hostile world. If my parents aren't getting abducted  (which happens 3 nights a week) they are getting broken into the other 4 times a week. They still break into community lots just fyi. infact every day they break into one if you stay on one more then a day. We don't need break ins at all on the community lots or the family lots. Think about it logicaly after all here you are at a 24/7 Walmart and a vampire breaks in not to shop not to steal but to talk to the employees I mean really how is that even a break in or deserving to lock my sims down on a lot. You said in a patch that you stopped or slowed it. Well I can't tell They still break in in to community lots trap my sims their unless they teleport out and reset the time. Cause my sims will not be missing work because a vampire wants to have a chat with the gym instructor in the middle of the night at a 24/7 gym. So what's my solution already stated. I use spa days meditation  mat and teleport out to either sylvan glade or the grotto. I shouldn't have to do this and I shouldn't feel threatened every time I see a vampire. so please fix it properly this time.

Message 39 of 95 (1,584 Views)

Re: Vampire Break ins

Hero

Hi @alamna74

I've merged your post with the bug report on the vampire community lot break ins as your post is mostly about that.

The bug isn't fixed despite what the patch notes said so this bug is still open.

The private lot break-ins are by design so if you want to give feedback about those, it's probably best if you opened a new thread in the general forum, focusing on those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 95 (1,567 Views)