Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire breaking in on community lots

by Fanphoria

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me for the first time in Windenburg after getting vampires. I could only guess who the vampire was but I could eventually get the event "unstuck" by having my alien do a memory wipe on them. It's ridiculous that they still haven't fixed this. Just remove this feature if you can't get it right, damn! I'm sure people have lost hours of gameplay over this 'cause they didn't know what to do.

Message 61 of 95 (993 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, and since I didn't want to lose my progress, all I could do was wait it out. For several in game hours. My poor Sims were not in a good mood when it was over. Wasn't this meant to be sorted in a previous patch, or am I misremembering?

Message 62 of 95 (976 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah, it was meant to be, but obviously the fix didn't work.
Message 63 of 95 (972 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen multiple times the past few days when my Sim was trying to close down her restaurant and leave. She was about on the edge of the map about to leave and suddenly a vampire was breaking in. They don't bite her or do anything but stand around listening to music or using the bathroom

Message 64 of 95 (950 Views)

★ Guide

Still having this problem. I usually use a cheat to make all the vampires on the lot leave, but this time it's not working. If there's another vampire on the lot, I cannot find them. Unless it's MY sims, in which case...well. I think I'll be forced to quit, but I can't save, so that's very upsetting. Wish they'd fixed this by now.

Message 65 of 95 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

(copied from the forums)
For a while now, Vampires have been glitching. I'm not sure about playable ones, but npc ones don't seem to be working right:

1) some npc vampires will knock at the door and stand there until invited in, and then when you invite them in they just hang around for a few hours and then leave.

2) When Vlad does his usual first bite(after introducing himself) he will walk up to the door and then turn around and leave, having done nothing.

3) Sometimes when on a public lot, a vampire will enter and my sims are unable to leave until the vampire quits trying to bite someone. This will last for several sim hours and the vampire won't even do anything!

Message 66 of 95 (849 Views)

Hero
Hi @Tazzykiki

only 3 sounds like the issue this thread is about.

As for 1 & 2, are you using any mods in your game ? Does this also happen on a new save ? If so, please start a new thread for it (I think they are similar enough to fit in one thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 95 (838 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't use any types of mods or cc. And I tried making a post here but it was stuck on Preview and there was no submit button. I also tried posting on the Forums but got redirected here to post my issue.

Message 68 of 95 (835 Views)

Hero
You need to fill out the entire form, including the comment box at the end for the submit button to show up.

Here's a little tutorial: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M69066

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 95 (831 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I managed to get it posted. Before I had put something in the composed section and it didn't work, but now it does...odd.

Message 70 of 95 (825 Views)