[NEEDS SAVES] [V] [ROM] [IL] Hybrids/Mermaids walk with tail (Patch 1.72)

by mycatspurf

Original Post

Re: Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs for walking

★★ Novice

Human mated with mermaid so yes.

Message 31 of 65 (676 Views)

Re: Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs for walking

★★ Novice

Thank you for at least trying to help. Once I uninstalled and re-installed the game, I put the issue out of my mind and forgot about it actually. I do appreciate the time and effort you and others were willing to give to help though, may all your days be blessed with much happiness.

Message 32 of 65 (670 Views)

Mermaid Sim aged up with invisible tale and weird genetics

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get To Work Realm of Magic Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Laundry Day Vintage Glamour Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a child mermaid sim and watching them age up naturally.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims mermaid form has notably different facial genetics and the tail is not visible.
What do you expect to see? Same genetics for both sim forms and a mermaid tail
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

[Edit - Admin.]

Here are links to images of the Sim, as you can see his face and hair is completely different and his tail is missing.

Message 33 of 65 (697 Views)

Re: Mermaid Sim aged up with invisible tale and weird genetics

Community Manager

@MinguisseFly 

Links removed due to the request for personal info in order to access screen shots.

barry.png
Message 34 of 65 (663 Views)

Hero
@MinguisseFly Is your Sim a hybrid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 65 (656 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah he is actually, does that have an effect?

Message 36 of 65 (653 Views)

★ Novice

I've since solved the issue by giving him a tail and copying his form but still weird it Di that in the first place.

Message 37 of 65 (652 Views)

Hero
@MinguisseFly yes, hybrids aren't supposed to happen and hence bug out

I merged your post with the current hybrid thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 65 (632 Views)

Re: mermaid tail wont go away

★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Yes. I have multiple times without any success. Thank you though!
Message 39 of 65 (614 Views)

Re: [V] [ROM] [IL] Hybrids/Mermaids walk with tail (Patch 1.72)

★★ Novice

This bug can really cause an issue.  I'm using the Console (XBOX One).  Is there a way to do the cheats on the console to fix this because I finally moved my hybrid son to the library?

The bigger issue is, if you go to change their outfit after swimming and being locked in mermaid mode, it allows to select some type of underwear outfit to return to legs-ish.

Problem is, if you do any actions like Go Nude or anything like that, the censor bar doesn't show for the lower half because it still thinks there's a tail.  :o

Yeah.  Can't unsee that.  So male is completely naked and for the female, the upper body is still censored.  All this without using any cheats or hacks.  Not a good thing.  Was hoping it was fixed in the last patch.  No luck.  Still can make hybrids with the same issues.

Message 40 of 65 (566 Views)