[NEEDS SAVES] [V] [ROM] [IL] Hybrids/Mermaids walk with tail (Patch 1.72)

by mycatspurf

Original Post

Re: Mermaids opt for fish tails instead of legs for walking

Hero
@midKnightredd Are all the mermaids that have the problem in your game hybrids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 65 (855 Views)

Hero
@midKnightredd are you still having issues ? Are your Sims all hybrids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 65 (812 Views)

mermaid tail wont go away

★ Novice

My sims are hybrids, vampire and mermaid. I did'nt notice there was a problem till I had a hybrid go swim in the pool. When she got out her tail stayed on and she swimmed everywhere she went. I tried removing the vampire trait to see if that was the issue and no dice. I also cant unlock the dark form of a vampire when they're hybrids. I have at least 1k CC and a few mods. To name a few whicked whims, UI Cheats extension and mc command. I updated any mod I saw had an update. I then moved all my mods off to a file not in my game files, I opened the game folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file.

Then I opened Origin/My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game". I also disabled my mods and scripts. I do NOT want to lose my game progress. My last resort is to find and delete evry hybrid I can find but as we know sims can get away from us.. What do I do?

Message 23 of 65 (883 Views)

Re: mermaid tail wont go away

Hero
@MajestyPuma Merged this with the hybrid thread.

Could you upload your Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 65 (869 Views)

★ Novice

I could but it does it with all my hybrids not just one.? does that make a difference?

Message 25 of 65 (863 Views)

Hero
@MajestyPuma I wanted to check if she still is a hybrid even after you removed the vamp trait.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 65 (839 Views)

★★ Novice

Taking away the vampire trait, unfortunately, did not fix it.  

Message 27 of 65 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@mycatspurf  Have you taken this Sim into CAS since removing vampire? I often have to take them into CAS to un-bug them.

You don’t have to do anything special in there; just plan an outfit and click the checkmark. You don’t even have to change anything before exiting.

Message 28 of 65 (845 Views)

★ Novice

I had to remove the vampire trait then go to CAS where it now allowed me to unlock the sim from its mermaid form which stopped the hybrid from keeping its tale out of the water and swimming for a walking animation. So its not a hybrid but at least my sim is fine. Im just going to have a problem with hybrids appearing randomly over time.

Message 29 of 65 (802 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I did all that and still had the problem. Anyway, I don't know if I still have this problem because I ended up uninstalling the game then re-installing it but decided to stay away from the mermaids and all their problems for now.

Message 30 of 65 (752 Views)