Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] [ROM] Ex-Occult cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Island living, Moschino and My first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim that's a vampire, drink the cure, become a spellcaster, select either of the spellcaster aspirations and try to fulfill it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neither the "Learn a spell" or "Learn a potion recipe" aspiration step gets fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? The aspiration gets fulfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Tried it on a human sim who turned into a spellcaster and he could complete the aspiration just fine.

Message 1 of 26 (3,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] [ROM] Ex-Occult cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

Hero

Fixed an issue where some Spellcasters would not complete the “Learn a Spell” goal, even though they would learn a Spell.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Going to mark this as fixed. Let me know if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,163 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ex-Vampires cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

★★★★ Novice

Facing the same issue : 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim that's a vampire, drink the cure, become a spellcaster, select either of the spellcaster aspirations and try to fulfill it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neither the "Learn a spell" or "Learn a potion recipe" aspiration step gets fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? The aspiration gets fulfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Used Mod long time back but then removed.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 2 of 26 (3,919 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] [ROM] Ex-Vampires cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, and it extended to the rest of her household. I used the aspiration completition cheat on the first stages of the new aspirations but then I bumped into the same problem with "have sim know 3 spells".

A Last Exception captured with MCCC and Better Exceptions lists the possible cause as "unlock_tracker" with the reason "Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: type object 'musicTrack_Violin_03_Play' has no attribute 'tuning_tags')". The LE happened when I switched to the Purveyor of Potions and Spellcraft & Sorcery aspirations.

Since I encounter the problem with no mods installed I don't believe MCCC and Better Exceptions to be the cause.

Message 3 of 26 (3,860 Views)

Champion
@PriestWiz Try saving and exiting out to world view, then reload the lot. There is possibly a wider scope bug which seems to stop the game tracking events like whim, job task, holiday tradition and aspiration completion if your sim travels to another lot during gameplay.

Try seeing if the aspiration step can complete (do whatever it is asking you to complete e.g. learn a spell) after a reload and staying put where your sim is located (don't travel off the lot you loaded into e.g. Magic HQ).
Message 4 of 26 (3,806 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@simvasion Thanks for the reply. I traveled to the Magic Realm while having my sim on the Spellcraft & Sorcery aspiration and became a spellcaster, with both those aspiration requirements being completed correctly. I then saved, exited to main menu and reloaded the game, after which I learned a spell from the same sage who turned me into a spellcaster. The "Learn a spell" requirement still didn't get completed.
Message 5 of 26 (3,791 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Most likely also related: I was unable to let my ex-vampire sim use discharge after getting the perk, while Bella Goth was perfectly able to use it, as well as completing the new aspirations on the same save file.

I really want to include the Last Exception in case it'll help to find and fix the bug, but the format is not supported for upload.

Message 6 of 26 (3,731 Views)

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

★ Guide

I’m having this issue too. Sim is a vampire cured by drink from bar then changed into Spellcaster by a sage. 

Message 7 of 26 (3,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PriestWiz Either create a .rar file and upload that or just c/p the content in spoiler tags (the funny looking icon in the bar)

@EmilyBlueJaye Moved your post over to the vampire thread then. Still waiting on confirmation of the other user before merging that too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (3,725 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here' is the report recieved with Better Exceptions. Again, the LE triggered as I switched to one of the new aspirations on my ex-vampire and any of her household members, and upon loading the game with one of these sims being on one of the aspirations.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 26 (3,709 Views)

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

★★ Novice

Not OP, obviously, but I have this problem too. My sim with this problem is indeed a former Vampire. Is this a known bug?

Message 10 of 26 (3,669 Views)