by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Vampire Hissing/Growling

★★★★ Novice
Yeah vampires are pretty broken. I hope they get around to fixing it someday
Message 31 of 103 (4,481 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The bugs affecting Vampires are on console too, I think the pre-Get Famous patch broke tham as GF itself is still unavailable on console at the time of writing (11hrs or so until the EP releases).

Everything was working fine until we got the first person/terrain tools/stylist career/self employment update.
Message 32 of 103 (4,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I'm having the same issues as everyone else.  I'm playing on console (PS4) and I'm unable to reset my weaknesses without retaining the weaknesses I'm trying to reset (i.e. Hissing and Sadness).  I also retain the Deadened Emotions 'buff', even if I cure vampirism.  That said, I've made multiple attempts to fix this issue, with both cheats and the drinkable draught and cure.  Nothing has worked.  I was hoping that this issue would be addressed with the Get Famous Expansion, but it hasn't changed.  The hissing, crying, and emotionlessness is ruining the game experience for me.  If it could go away after curing vampirism, I'd find it more tolerable, but the act that these weaknesses persist - well, I'd rather not delete my sim. 😑

Message 33 of 103 (4,404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was really disappointed when I looked at the latest patch notes (February 5th) and there were very few overall bug fixes, and none of them addressed the many issues currently facing vampire sims. Any chance we can get some word about these issues from EA/SimsGuru? It's pretty clear that the issue started with the Get Famous pre-patch, Are these issues being worked on? What is happening?? Some clarity from EA would be really helpful.

Message 34 of 103 (4,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've already posted the workaround on another thread but I'll post it here too.

With MC Command Center you are able to remove buffs/traits. Here's what you need to do: download and install MCCC > testingcheats on > right click your sim > head over to MC Command Center > MC Cheats > Cheat Sim info > Mood/Buff Control > Remove Buff and then remove the vampire weaknesses you don't want one by one. 

EDIT: Apparently everytime you restart the game it resets which means you have to do it again everytime you start the game

EDIT (crin): Removed mod link. Please only name mods, linking is not allowed at AHQ.

Message 35 of 103 (4,346 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

★★★ Novice

For me withered stomach is staying on. For campire and human

Message 36 of 103 (4,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with an other power that i didn't want anymore. My solution was that i drank the reorganization drink and chose the exact power that i didn't want anymore again. Then i drank another reorganisation drink and the bug wasn't there anymore

Message 37 of 103 (4,239 Views)

★ Guide

My sim can not eat human food because she throw up, but she is not a vampire anymore, she is a human!!

Message 38 of 103 (4,159 Views)

Sims 4 - Vampire Power Reset Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire with the "Eternal Sadness" weakness and then reset all your powers using the "Draught of Reconfiguration" drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? A vampire with the Eternal Sadness weakness will not be reset after drinking Draught of Reconfiguration. The moodlet will still show up. Other weaknesses may not be reset either.
What do you expect to see? Weaknesses should be reset after consuming Draught of Reconfiguration and no moodlet assoisated with that weakness should show up afterwards.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Seems like my vampire's powers weren't fully reset and now it's like I have extra weaknesses.

Message 39 of 103 (4,110 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 - Vampire Power Reset Bug

Hero

Hi @EERIE_ECH0 

I merged your post with the existing thread on this issue,

Please press me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 103 (4,106 Views)