Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by koerner666

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem. Bevor the patch everything was fine and than began the xp bar to stuck at grandmasterlevel. Its very haevy on me because i only play vampires since the vampire dlc came out. I totaly stopped to play normal sims. My game is ruined until this gets fixed. Iam very sad. (T_T)

Message 61 of 197 (2,127 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having this issue, my vampires worked just fine before the Get Famous patch.  Now after reaching the rank of Grandmaster they'll level up once just fine and get the points, but after that the bar will be stuck full and they won't get any more points.

Message 62 of 197 (2,085 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, same here. I have all expacs and stuff packs installed, and the only CC I have installed are cosmetic things like clothes and makeup.

Message 63 of 197 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Guide

It got worse. On some vampires I can reset the powers but cant train powers beyond rank 1. These powers lose their icon, gain a green border and lose their tooltip. Also when opening the power window it highlights previously trained powers in the same way for 2-3 seconds.

Message 64 of 197 (1,949 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's one more with the same problem - i can only gain one full bar past grandmaster (a total of 48 points) before it gets stuck. Worked fine when i played last time - a month ago - that's until a couple of days ago when i downloaded Get Famous and started playing the game again. However no cheating, or reinstalling has resolved the issue Frown

Message 65 of 197 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Guide

It would be nice if the counter would stop after the individual vampire gained 150 points in total to cover all powers. But 48 is cutting it abit close for my taste.

Message 66 of 197 (1,886 Views)

★ Apprentice

even if one didn't download the get famous expansion, but just downloaded the latest patch - this bug happens. and it's been a month since the last patch - and a month waiting this bug to be fixed.

Message 67 of 197 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah what can i say. I've had all the issues posted in this thread aswell. Just adding my number to the list.
Message 68 of 197 (1,803 Views)

Re: Vampires are bugged after recent patch.

★★ Apprentice

If you decide to cure your Sim and get stuck with the Dampened Emotions trait I have figured out a work around - travel to another lot. When you return your Sim will be "normal" and not have the bugged trait. The only bad thing is every single time I load into the game for the day OR use CaS to edit any Sim it comes back, but a quick trip to a nearby lot and back will correct it.

Message 69 of 197 (1,780 Views)

vampire cant gain anymore powers.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living seasons vampires dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play as a vampire and level up to grandmaster
What happens when the bug occurs? cant level up vampire anymore
What do you expect to see? able to at least get all vampire powers before it stops.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after the get famous November update

I feel like I wasted 20 dollars because vampires have been made redundant. 

Message 70 of 197 (1,650 Views)