Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by Abradley745

Original Post

★★★ Novice

When will they fix this bug? I'm not still able to level up and gain points past Grandmaster level, it's being frustrating! Disappointed

I Hope they fix it Soon! Frown

Message 41 of 197 (5,007 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same issue here and can offer some of the details being requested to troubleshoot.

Firstly, this is absolutely a base game issue. I have reproduced the issue with a freshly repaired install using no mods on a brand new sim using cheat codes and even cheat codes refuse to provide additional points past grandmaster.  It is extremely easy to reproduce as it is absolutely 100% consistent in its behaviour.

I was levelling past grandmaster fine before the patch, then took a break from my normal game while the aging bug was resolved and now that I have returned to my main save I am unable to progress further.  So its not one of those things where features behave wacky on out of focus households.  As an indication that it did work previously, my existing vamp from pre-patch has roughly 88 power points currently.  However when I did the test with a brand new sim I could only get it to a maximum of 48 points.

Message 42 of 197 (4,953 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I have the same issue. after the get famous pre patch my grandmaster vampire who already had 146 extra points stopped gaining points. his bar is stuck full purple. I tried with a fresh vampire and again the same issue. no point gain after hitting grandmaster but has a full purple exp bar. I have not bought the get famous expansion yet.

Message 43 of 197 (4,816 Views)

Post Get Famous Patch, Grand Master Vampires Cannot Earn Additional Perk Points

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

After the Get Famous patch, I haven't been able to get Grand Master vampires to earn additional perk points. The bar will fill up, but it won't reset and give perk points.

Message 44 of 197 (4,799 Views)

Re: Post Get Famous Patch, Grand Master Vampires Cannot Earn Additional Perk Poi

Hero
Hi @Treborlefou3

it's a known issue. I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 197 (4,787 Views)

Re: Post Get Famous Patch, Grand Master Vampires Cannot Earn Additional Perk Poi

★ Apprentice
any updates on this issue?
Message 46 of 197 (4,571 Views)

Hero
EA hardly ever gives ETAs on fixes, so guess all you can do is wait for the next patch.

Don't think any workaround has been found either. At least not to my knowledge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 197 (4,561 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★ Novice
Its as Vrykolokos said on page 1. Proof https://i.imgur.com/pVE9j28.png
Message 48 of 197 (4,495 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I just encountered this when I was cheating my vampire rank up past grandmaster; it wouldn't let you accrue more points even with cheats! Frown
Message 49 of 197 (4,430 Views)

Cant gain vampire points using cheats

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs City living Get together Get to work Parenthood Vampires Dine out Spa day Outdoor retreat Bowling night stuff Vintage glamour stuff Spooky stuff Perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire, max out vampire rank, use cheat stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 Vampire gains 2 vampire points the first use but the next uses of the same cheat do not grant vampire points. This is not about the vampire energy bar!
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire rank bar just fills but no vampire points are granted or can even be earned. Since no points are granted the bar stays at 100%. The cheat to reach a lower vampire rank has to be used to empty the vampire bar but when its full the sim does not gain 2 vampire points.
What do you expect to see? I expect the vampire to gain 2 vampire points every time I use the cheat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was either with the latest sims 4 patch on 20th november or the patch on 13th november.

Some of my sims cant gain any vampire points due to this bug. Its especially frustrating with new vampires when I need extra points. My older vampires with all powers unlocked or extra points dont suffer. But even with them the cheats result in a full bar but no points.

Message 50 of 197 (4,353 Views)