by Iyasenu

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Non Vampires Autonomously eating Plasma Fruit Salad

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make plasma fruit salad and put it in the fridge. Then wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Non-vampire sims seem to preferentially autoomously go for the plasma fruit salad, even when there is other food in the fridge. This then makes them sick.
What do you expect to see? I expect non-vampires to treat plasma fruit salad like spoiled food. "Oh, this will make me sick so I won't eat it"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play big households, so my sims tend to fend for themselves quite a bit.  In my mixed vampire/human households, I'm finding that the humans are preferentially going for the plasma fruit salad, which then makes them sick when they eat it.  As a workaround I've been having my vampires just make a single serving, but that's silly.  There are two vampires in the house. It's much more efficient to make family and party sized batches and have them grab leftovers.  I"m guessing it happens because the plasma fruit salad is high quality food due to skilled cooks and high quality fruit, so that is the most attractive to them.  But I'd think that the humans would not eat the plasma fruit salad because, like spoiled food, it makes them sick.  This wouldn't bother me if it were just the gluttons doing it - they'll eat anything.  But no, it's all of them, and in more than one household. 

I do have some mods and CC, but it's still happening after I pull same.

Message 1 of 5 (2,750 Views)

Re: [V] Non Vampires Autonomously eating Plasma Fruit Salad

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,610 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Non Vampires Autonomously eating Plasma Fruit Salad

★★ Guide
I ran into this issue as well.

I threw a Dinner Party and served a Grand Breakfast and called everyone to eat.

That worked normally, but as the party went on, another Sim must've gotten hungry, but instead of grabbing another serving of the Grand Breakfast, she went to my Sim's fridge and pulled out some leftover Plasma Fruit Salad.

But she wasn't a Vampire, none of the guests were, so of course this made her sick.
Non-Vampire Sims shouldn't autonomously choose to eat Plasma Fruit Salad.
Or at the very least stop after the first bite.
Message 3 of 5 (2,216 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has been an issue for many years. Because of it I usually just stick to plasma packs or make single servings. I really wish that they would make it so non-vampires wouldn't automatically eat vampire food. Non vampire sims prefer plasma salad over other foods. I can have the fridge stocked but if there is any plasma fruit salad, they will eat it instead of the other food. Then they feel sick. Since it's been years I doubt this will ever be changed but I'm hoping to find a mod some day. I like playing vampires but it's a headache when they're in a family. It's similar to how vegetarian sims will eat meat autonomously. Such a strange thing to not address.

Message 4 of 5 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Expert

LOL yeah.

I used to have a household that was two vampires, a witch, and a mermaid. The vampires made a party size plasma fruit salad and the mermaid got into it, poor baby.

The mermaid also has the Child of the Ocean trait, so... I just micromanage his food.

Message 5 of 5 (1,319 Views)