Re: Vampire sims in clubs show up at hangout spot and die in the sun

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Vampires burn at daylight but don't care.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I did not have a notification of your reply.

Yes, it seems to be the same issue.

Message 11 of 16 (470 Views)

Re: Vampires burn at daylight but don't care.

Hero
@sterobeuk Thanks for confirming. I merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (443 Views)

Vampire sims in clubs show up at hangout spot and die in the sun

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living cool kitchen, dine out, univeristy, get famous, geto to work, gget togethor, parenthood, seasons, vampires, cats and dogs life of party, up all night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? if a vampire sim is in a social group club and so are you. Go to the hangout spot during the day.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire sims will be burning in the sun while you are standing outside with them and they will do nothing until they die.
What do you expect to see? I expect the vampire sims in that social group not to show up during the day or when its sunny unless they are immune to the sun. I dont expect them to join social groups unless it involves the night time maybe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happened in september. when i went to the hangout spot for my social group thing in the get togethor dlc. There were two vampires in the group and it was sunny outside. They should have not come to the hangout during the day but they did and died. The spot was the park. Sorry i dont have a picture.

Message 13 of 16 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is the same as this thread I started last year: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-NPC-Vampires-are-staying-out-in-the-sun/m-p/8551...

Just for the sake of the discussion, there has never been any update attempting to fix this. The update that made sims jump into autonomy faster when spawning on a lot has helped a bit, but if you have thin skinned vamps they literally need to get their tush inside immediately. And in general vampires needs to stay at home during the day. The game won't let us call vampires during the day, so clearly it is able to check if they're vamps or not.

Message 14 of 16 (416 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Thanks. I've merged. I knew there was a thread somewhere :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 16 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Moshicino Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as vampire sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? A vampire sim after returning home from work tend to just stand outside in the sunlight even if they have no traits to protect them from sun.
What do you expect to see? The vampire sim should instantly run into the house to avoid the sun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.68.156.1020

One of my various bugs with vampires in my game..this and the special movement issues with vampires are both broke. I actually had a vampire sim just standing out in the sun instead of getting cover. In one playthrough, the vampire died due to over sun exposure. I had to not save my game and go back to the last save and save them from dying. Makes playing a vampire sim much harder on a whole another level..lol.

I noticed the title also says NPC vampires. And yes, ive seen NPC and playable vampire sims do this both..so it not only effects NPC vampires, but playable vampire sims.

Message 16 of 16 (339 Views)