by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires are staying out in the sun

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLCs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As we can no longer invite vampires over during the day any other way, having them be part of a club appears to be the only way to trigger this now, but the core problem is still very much there. They simply don't prioritize survival high enough.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I have vampires come over as part of club events, during the day the vampire will run outside and stand in the sun, and even when they start to burn they will not seek shelter or make any attempt to get out of the sun. Instead they'll stay in direct sunlight until they die. They do this after sunset too, but obviously that's not a problem. Like I have a club where the one activity is to use the hot tub, and the vampires will jump in along with the other club members, even though the hot tub is outside.
What do you expect to see? Difficult to say for sure since it's an NPC. The vamp sim basically arrived and after a few seconds burnt to death on the front porch. She may be delayed from running inside by other NPC sims, but generally I do what I can to avoid interacting with known vampires during the day until they get to safety.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

EDIT (by request of @EA_Lanna ):

• Have you attached your game save in this reply? Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5esdu5q38bjt7nr/Slot_0000004f.save?dl=0
    • Notes on this save: This is the latest save I can find where the vampire is still alive. Jade Purple (is a normal human) should be the last played family in this. She's a member of the One Percent club and so is Chloe Keeley, the vampire. If you invite the club over, Chloe will usually show up even if it's the middle of the day. But Chloe is thin-skinned so she only has a few seconds to get to safety, but she rarely starts to run for shade before it's too late. Chloe was created on day 1 of the Vampire DLC, just like the friends she live with, but she otherwise seem to be one of the only ones of the sims in this save that don't act buggy.
  • Additional notes: I missed the request a while ago to split up my thread with the vampire issues, but I shall try.

I definitely still had this problem in 1.58, and since neither of the following patches have addressed it, I would assume it's still a problem.

When I have vampires come over as part of club events, during the day the vampire will run outside and stand in the sun, and even when they start to burn they will not seek shelter or make any attempt to get out of the sun. Instead they'll stay in direct sunlight until they die. They do this after sunset too, but obviously that's not a problem. Like I have a club where the one activity is to use the hot tub, and the vampires will jump in along with the other club members, even though the hot tub is outside.

Since club members spawn in front of the lot where they gather, they should really run inside immediately, but they often don't. Especially thin skinned vampires will die to this before they start to move.

As we can no longer invite vampires over during the day any other way, having them be part of a club appears to be the only way to trigger this now, but the core problem is still very much there. They simply don't prioritize survival high enough.

(CM: Post split from older thread into own thread to log reports of issue ongoing after the fix from Patch 1.51.75)

Edit By Crinrict: Transferred answers to template, Added Tag to Title

Message 7 of 16 (3,012 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle

★★★★ Apprentice

this has happened a few times after new april 16 patch, not sure if it happen before patch.

I have noticed Lilith Valtore get confused and stay outside house after visit. I usually don't notice till after 10am+. my house is the crick cabana and she visits usually 8pm+. i invite her in, play chess, socialize for a bit, and she stays most the night while my sim is sleeping. then leaves toward morning. I will notice her usually in same spot, its close to where the sidewalk intersects from north / south and the sidewalk the runs in front of crick cabana house. shes on the north/south sidewalk a bit below the intersect. I do not think she is frozen because when its raining she will have umbrella also sim still doing slight movements they usually do while standing in one spot. if you approach with sim she will move a bit and fade to disappear. or run off screen.

I also noticed this only 1 time right in front of house toward front right corner of house on sidewalk with Summer Holiday (not vampire). she visit in morning and left shortly afterward, i noticed her pretty fast and walked toward her and she take a few steps and faded out. disappeared.

i have not modified the lots at all. except last night i added the tutorial house to the empty lot south of crick cabana same place of new tutorial placement. I also added 3 of the lot traits to crick cabana. Just skill increase lot traits. science lair, homey, and fast internet. i have made no other modification , except handy upgrade for appliances. upgraded to better bed (sold old and bought new one) and added a chess board 2 chairs in back bedroom.

Message 1 of 16 (3,136 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @rhah01 

Would you be willing to share save file(s) that have this issue?  If so, please PM me with the file(s). 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 16 (3,112 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi simQARobo,

I sent pm the link to file.

thank you

Message 3 of 16 (3,098 Views)

EA Sims Team

@rhah01 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 16 (3,095 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

We're having trouble reproducing this, even with the recently provided save file. If anyone else is still seeing this, your save would be very helpful, thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 5 of 16 (3,034 Views)

Re: [V] NPC vampires never behave like vampires

★★★★ Pro
@TheSteelRodent I 100% agree with the stupidly burning vampires. Create a club with vampires and they will all die at the first gathering.
Message 6 of 16 (3,059 Views)

Vampires burn at daylight but don't care.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the new Eco pack, Backyard stuff, and My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a thin skinned vampire at a party in daylight, and see him burn in the sun without fear.
What happens when the bug occurs? I invited a playable (from another household) thin skinned vampire at a party at daylight (I invited all my Sim friends and didn't realized there was a vampire in the list). He burned a little while coming inside (I think it's normal), then the party ended, and he was about to go home, but he stayed in the sunlight and burned. I didn't had the new option to make him go home. So he stayed outside for whatever reason, burned but did'nt cared of the flames at his back. After a while, he finally go home. I thought he was safe. At night, my Sim went to a community lot, the vampire I talk about was reunited with his vampire group. It was night so it was ok. Then, at 8AM, the sun was there and he died on the porch because of sunlight in a few second probably because of the energy he lost after the party the day before.
What do you expect to see? Better AI for vampires. Like if they burn, they RUN inside or at home. Just a little survival instinct. If you are burning, you are supposed to suffer and try to survive, right ?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sorry for my english, I'm french. Hope you understand what I wrote.

Message 8 of 16 (2,831 Views)

Re: Vampires burn at daylight but don't care.

Hero
@sterobeuk Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NPC-Vampires-are-staying-out-in-the-sun/m-p/8551094

At the time of that report it wasn't possible to invite Vamps over during the day.

Is this your issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,789 Views)

Re: Vampires burn at daylight but don't care.

Hero
@sterobeuk Is the issue you reported the same as the link above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,770 Views)