Re: Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Sim"

by milutinmujovic

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Si

★★★★★ Novice

It's too bad that they still haven't fixed this issue. I'd prefer not to cheat, but it sounds like that's the only way around the problem at the moment other than going into town mode and editing the household. Not positive on this, but I think using either of the "workaround" methods may mess with household Sims' DNA like body weight and fitness so that they won't revert back to the settings they were born with anymore.

Message 21 of 35 (2,061 Views)

Re: Got turned into a vampire, lost CAS features

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Even with cheats, I don't have access to face details category at all. It's just sad my vamp has to live with that ugly skin details for the rest of his life.

e: after going back and forth, I managed to remove them in cheat mode. 

Message 22 of 35 (1,936 Views)

Re: Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Sim"

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It still isn't fixed. It's been 2 years...
Message 23 of 35 (1,893 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Si

★★★ Apprentice

Pretty annoyed at the bugs with the vamps at the moment. I hadn't realised because I have only just started playing one in a legacy roll. Broken for me too and I play vanilla. I'll go and try the cheat and report back, but for now:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Change Sim on a mirror or dresser.
What happens when the bug occurs? Missing facial details menu, blocking off changing details like wrinkles, teeth and dark form markings for vampires.
What do you expect to see? The menu available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nothing, I play vanilla
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Do not know as I've only just started playing a vampire

Message 24 of 35 (1,862 Views)

Face option missing for vampires

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire sim and start playing with them. Enter change a sim option on the mirror and you'll see that face section is missing completely. There is no way to remove vampire features in CAS. I believe this is a bug because the face section exists for mermaids and aliens.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no face option in CAS when using change sim option on the mirror if the sim is a vampire. If they are a mermaid or an alien, that option exists.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see face section in CAS when using the change sim option on the mirror for vampires, just like it exists for aliens and mermaids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Create a vampire sim and start playing with them. Enter change a sim option on the mirror and you'll see that face section is missing completely. There is no way to remove vampire features in CAS. I believe this is a bug because the face section exists for mermaids and aliens.

Message 25 of 35 (1,741 Views)

Re: Face option missing for vampires

★ Apprentice
@milutinmujovic i usually edit vampire features in the world select screen, did not know this was a bug?
Message 26 of 35 (1,699 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@misstrgal I can edit it if I cheat, but I don't get why they don't have that option while aliens and mermaids do lol.
Message 27 of 35 (1,674 Views)

★ Apprentice
@milutinmujovic Does not require cheats if you edit it in world view
Message 28 of 35 (1,666 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@misstrgal I know. The point is, it should be there in normal change a sim option, and it's not.
Message 29 of 35 (1,630 Views)

★ Apprentice
@milutinmujovic i was not arguing with getting a fix, I was offering info on a gameplay work-around
Message 30 of 35 (1,613 Views)