Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Master Vampire Survival Days reset on travel/reloading game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar. (This bug occurred when only Vampires, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim’a Ghoulish Guitar were installed as well.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a vampire sim (via create a sim or have a sim turned into one). Set aspiration as Master Vampire. Get to The Ancient One level of the aspiration. Complete everything except the surviving an additional 20 days. Traveling (with the sim or a different sim) or turning off the game even after saving will reset the number of days the aspiration has counted. (Turning off the game resets it when turning on the game a few hours later or the next day.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The number of days the aspiration says the sim has survived resets to zero.
What do you expect to see? Each passing day would count as a day the sim survived. Traveling and turning off the game would not reset the counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve had the Vampires pack for a few months. This bug has been happening nonstop. I want my sim to move on to a different aspiration, but I want the Master Vampire aspiration to be completed. Hours of gameplay gets reset often thanks to this bug. No matter what I do, this bug still happens. The only solution I can think of is leave the game on and just fast forward through the days. I even tried that, and it took far too many hours to reasonably continue. 

Message 1 of 31 (6,171 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] Master Vampire Survival Days reset on travel/reloading game

Hero

Vampire Sims working on the Master Vampire Aspiration will no longer have the task “Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire” reset after traveling.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 31 (3,613 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Master Vampire Survival Days reset on travel/reloading gam

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (6,038 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire sim doesn't show the days lived

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I don't know where to post, this is another bug, but is there a thread for it? "Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire" is constantly resetting days count after Island living. Just another broken thing in the game, nothing new.

Message 3 of 31 (5,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem since before Island Living came out. 

Message 4 of 31 (5,964 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I wasn't playing Master Vampire aspiration for a while, so I can't be sure when this bug occured...

Message 5 of 31 (5,932 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Master Vampire Survival Days reset on travel/reloading game

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm playing on PC, and this has happened for me both with and without mods. I'm currently keeping tally of the weeks manually and then cheating the aspiration complete when I've fulfilled it, but I'd rather it did it on its own like it's supposed to.

Message 6 of 31 (5,856 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Master Vampire Survival Days reset on travel/reloading game

★★★★★ Novice

Vlad got to the 'Ancient One' stage before he adopted his daughter. She has been alive for 50 days now and he still hasn't completed the aspiration because his days reset every time I travel or reload the game.

Message 7 of 31 (5,747 Views)

Master Vampire Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Strangerville, Vampires Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the aspiration, play for an in-game day or two and read the Ultimate vampire tome
What happens when the bug occurs? I have read and reread the Ultimate Vampire Tome, but I cannot get satisfaction on the aspiration. My Sim has also survived at least two days since getting to this point in the aspiration, yet the goal for "survive 20 days as a vampire" still shows 0/20.
What do you expect to see? I expect to get credit for the goals I have accomplished.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Yet another bug! This is quite discouraging. I like going after the aspirations, even when they are as uninspired as "Survive 20 Days", but I am not getting credit, so why bother? This is not entertaining, it's frustrating.

Message 8 of 31 (5,447 Views)

Re: Master Vampire Aspiration

Hero
@Seleos13 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (5,435 Views)

Re: Master Vampire Aspiration

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue (without mods) and is willing to share affected save files, please send me a private message with a link to the saves.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Master-Vampire-Survival-Days-reset-on-travel-reloading/...

EDIT: We no longer need save files for this issue.  Thanks to those that have sent saves.  The team is still looking into this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 31 (5,295 Views)