Re: Outside Windows missing its Glass

by NeutralSupply

Original Post

Re: Windows in the game appear windowless

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BryonyRae - do you have seasons installed?

Message 21 of 61 (2,166 Views)

Re: Windows in the game appear windowless

Hero (Retired)

@tsukuri_8 Yes, I have Seasons installed, and I am seeing reflective glass on the lots you have mentioned; I only see the problem in Forgotten Hollow.  It could well be a case of having Seasons vs. not.  It would be good if we could get confirmation from a few others that have the patch but not Seasons.  However, this is also something devs could test, since they already have awareness of the issue in FH.

Message 22 of 61 (2,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NeutralSupply @FairyOfLight14 @CactusFlowerSims @muchlove0007 

I read all the posts in this thread again, and noticing, some saying they have seasons expansion installed, see no glass in only forgotten hollow.

myself I don't have seasons, and I only have willow creek, oasis springs, newcrest, and magnolia promenade, and I see no glass in all of those towns.

Could you guys state if you have Seasons Expansion Pack or don't have it intalled, can everyone state if any of the 4 towns I tested, has glass for them, telling us if you have seasons installed or not as well.

Message 23 of 61 (2,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

My glass was disappearing after the patch, but without seasons. 

The same thing happened to me as to the OP, however: once I installed seasons, the glass came back.

Not exactly sure why the only fix to this problem seems to be buying an expansion though...

Message 24 of 61 (2,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

can delete this.

Message 25 of 61 (2,079 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I installed Seasons, glass reappeared in forgotten hollow.

it was never missing from any other world to begin with.

Message 26 of 61 (2,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NeutralSupply just wondering, do you have PC or mac, and what video card do you have? nvidia? radeon? (asking in case it would make a difference when this bug gets tested).

Message 27 of 61 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a PC and an Nvida GTX 1070

Message 28 of 61 (2,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Think I just found the reason for this problem, I don't know about forgotten hollow, but I tried this in my 4 towns I'd mentioned, that were missing glass reflection. this fixed my problem:

Just a few weeks ago, I'd turned view distance option in game down to low. (to try to help it run better since it's low end pc). that was the problem for me. I put it back high   and now I have reflection outside on windows, doors, roofs. Disappointed All that stress just for such a simple fix. 

I never would have thought that would have caused it, because, in the past, I used to play alot with view distance low, but I don't ever remember the glass reflection doing that, the only thing that happened when I'd used to put that option down, was if I backed up, the windows would become a solid color that you could not see through like grey or something. *(update: actually I don't think that grey thing happened either with view distance low, I think that specific thing may have happened when I used to use laptop mode long ago. I'm pretty sure low view distance didn't used to do anything to the windows, or I'd have definitely noticed when I played alot back then on low.)*

and, since it was so long since I'd played with that option low, it's impossible for me to tell which patch had caused it to appear as no reflection- missing glass look, with that option down. could have been seasons, and could have been many patches before it. 

I'll tag to let you guys know in case it can fix some of yours as well, let me know if it was why you had the problem as well:

@BryonyRae @NeutralSupply @muchlove0007 @CactusFlowerSims @FairyOfLight14 and @LadyDarkSorrow

also letting these guys know it does that on low view distance- @SimGuruIcarus @SimGuruNick It would be nice if it didn't do it on low view distance, because that was one of the few game options that was good to put down to help game not lag so much on low end PC. putting that option down is better than putting sims detail option down and making sims look bad.

also letting @crinrict know, as it may have solved the problem for some.

Message 29 of 61 (1,949 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for the update @tsukuri_8 but it does not apply to the problem in Forgotten Hollow.  My view distance option is set to high, and there are no reflections.

Message 30 of 61 (1,937 Views)