Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] [GF] Unable to host Meet and Greet social event with Occults

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? select "Plan Social Event" via cellphone, then "Fan Meet and Greet."
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't get passed the invitation selection, since it requires inviting one celebrity - and doesn't show any celebrities to invite. Can't complete the "Host Meet and Greet" aspiration goal because of it...
What do you expect to see? Being able to host the dang event :T
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As the title says, I am unable to host a meet and greet event on my 3-star celebrity sim. It says to invite a celebrity and that at least one is required, but offers no celebrity sim to invite (even though it's suppose to be about my sim...?). and to invite 15 fans, though doesn't require any to be invited. and finally a mixologist, though again, it doesn't require any to be invited.

the requirement to invite at least one celebrity, but offering nobody to invite (even though it's supposed to be about my sim???) is preventing me from hosting the event... and preventing me from accomplishing the "Host a Meet and Greet" aspiration goal, for the World-Famous Celebrity aspiration.

Message 5 of 51 (13,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] [GF] Unable to host Meet and Greet social event with Occults

Hero

Not in the patch notes but according to SimGuruNick on Twitter, this is fixed

https://twitter.com/KendraAFMI/status/1141031576119250944

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 51 (10,397 Views)

All Replies

Meet and Greet Not Working?

★ Guide

I don't get it, I have 3 stars, and my next goal is to host a meet and greet. Yet there are no options when selecting host.

Message 1 of 51 (13,654 Views)

Re: Meet and Greet Not Working?

Is this with a mod? Are you trying on a public lot through the Road to Fame interactions menu?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 51 (13,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm having this same problem... and it is from the 'get famous' expansion pack

Message 3 of 51 (13,577 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@consciouscolours

If you hover over the aspiration there comes a tooltip that explains how to fulfill this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 51 (13,529 Views)

Re: Unable to host Meet and Greet social event for Get Famous

Hero
You mean you can't pick yourself as a host ?

If so, have you tried if it works through the calender ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (13,526 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Yeah, I can't pick myself. And I tried through the calendar but that didn't work either :c
Message 7 of 51 (13,521 Views)

Hero
Had no issues with this. Tried bot a two level and 5 level Sims. Hm.

Is your Sim

- A Vampire/Alien/ghost ?
- What age group ?

Can you try if it works with another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 51 (13,517 Views)

★★ Novice
Vampire, young adult.

Actually, since posting this, I'm not sure what I did but it suddenly started to work on him o.o

The solution is complaining about it I guess, haha.
Message 9 of 51 (13,511 Views)

Hero
It sometimes is.

Leaving this here as I've seen other reports. Maybe there is some issue with occults.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 51 (13,506 Views)