[FIXED] [V] Former vampire still has Vampire behavior

by Annamanna23

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Former vampire still has Vampire behavior

★ Novice

Wow, this was posted back in November and still hasn’t been fixed?  Guess it’s time to put the game aside.  My Sims are starving to death because I cured their vampirism but they still have withered stomach so they can’t eat.  The sadness weakness, too, but obviously the withered stomach is a bigger problem here.  Can’t use mods to fix it since I’m on console.  

Message 111 of 121 (2,374 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just can't understand why a bug like this (or many others for that matter) isn't fixed by now. Every time I encounter a bug I go searching for a solution and more often than not I come across threads like these that are about bugs that have been reported and in-game for months (sometimes even YEARS) and have not been fixed. Get your act together, EA! And yes, my former vampires still exhibit this behaviour, even after trying out all the proposed solutions.

Message 112 of 121 (2,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The maker of the mod "Vampire's Power & Weakness Bug Fixes" on Modthesims made an update that fixed the problem for me with the "Insatiable Thirst" and "Eternal Sadness". So for me, the mod fixes it for me! But yeah it sucks that EA cannot fix this for 2 (!!) years now!

Message 113 of 121 (2,327 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I decided to pop in and see about mentioning the mod update, but @Guibmaster was one step ahead of me.Large smile

Also...

@Guibmaster wrote (emphasis mine):

But yeah it sucks that EA cannot fix this for 2 (!!) years now!

Was that a pun? (LOL, couldn't resist asking. X-D ^_~)

Message 114 of 121 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you have MCCC you can manually remove the vampire buffs leftover after they are cured. Just be careful you remove the correct ones! 

Another option is to drink the Vampire Cure twice. (Once to clear the vampire and a second time clears the buffs apparently) 

The game keeps the vampire settings in the background in case you choose to turn them back into a vampire again later in life. 

Message 115 of 121 (2,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@aidans1985 wrote:

If you have MCCC you can manually remove the vampire buffs leftover after they are cured. Just be careful you remove the correct ones! 

Another option is to drink the Vampire Cure twice. (Once to clear the vampire and a second time clears the buffs apparently) 

The game keeps the vampire settings in the background in case you choose to turn them back into a vampire again later in life. 

Manually deleting them with MCCC only worked temporarily for my sim. It always came back after reloading the game. I didnt drink the vampire cure twice but i doubt it would have worked too since nothing else did but the mod.

Message 116 of 121 (2,195 Views)

★★ Guide

For those with former vampires who are starving to death, mine is able to eat plain fruits and vegetables, just no prepared meals.

Message 117 of 121 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hosni2004 Thank you so much for posting this, it worked for me!
Message 118 of 121 (2,026 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] Former vampire still has Vampire behavior

Hero

Fixed an issue where Vampires were exhibiting their old weaknesses even though they were not applied.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

I do hope the patch notes refer to both issues.

If you still have issues, make your Sim a Vampire again and then cure him again to see if then works properly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 119 of 121 (11,802 Views)

★★ Novice

Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 (Sim ID) false

I used this to cure the issue!!!

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/how-to/vampire-cheats.php

Message 120 of 121 (1,155 Views)