my sim gets uncomfortable after eating excelent food

by daisyx18

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Former vampire still has Vampire behavior

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So, random, but my cured vampire Sim is suddenly able to eat human food without throwing up! 

Idk if it's related to the patch that was just released, or if it's because I just moved him into a new household, but I accidentally left food out and he went and got a plate (salad) while I wasn't paying attention but he didn't get sick! So to test it, I had him make breakfast in the morning (eggs) and he got a happy moodlet from the tasty food! 

Advice for testing: if you can, try moving your affected Sim into a new household. In my case, my Sim married a previously unplayed non-vampire Sim, and merged into her household before moving to a new lot. It was a little over a Sim week before I let him eat normal food by accident, but I was pretty diligent about keeping him well fed on harvestables. Good luck! 

***UPDATE: false alarm, he's throwing up every time he eats now. Everything was fine until he had the ham dinner (excellent quality) for the Christmas event. That made him sick, and now everything, including foods that were fine yesterday, is also making him sick. Back on the raw diet I guess. 

The only differendi, besides the fact that it was a 'grand meal' is that there WERE other Vampires present when he ate the ham dinner and got sick. Subsequently, he's been alone while eating and is still getting sick. 🤷

Message 31 of 121 (3,786 Views)

Sim Can't Eat Food Post-Vampirism

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if it'll happen again, but in case it does, here's how it happened before. Give a vampire sim the Withered Stomach weakness, then cure him. The sim will still get nauseated and throw up after eating a bite of normal food. He can eat harvestables just fine, but anything cooked will make him sick.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim eats anything cooked/prepared, she gets sick and throws up.
What do you expect to see? She shouldn't have a problem eating human food after returning to human life.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried to fix the issue by turning my sim back into a vampire and resetting her powers, thus removing the Withered Stomach weakness, and then turning her human once again, but it didn't work. I also tried replacing the stove and fridge, and that worked for one meal (perhaps because it gave her the Upgraded Fridge moodlet) but every meal afterward has made her sick. Out of curiosity, I cloned the sim to see if the glitch would transfer to her double, and it did not. The clone has no problem eating cooked food. I tried debugging the sim with the Reset Object (Debug) and the Make Into PlantSim (DEBUG) options, but neither worked. Is there another way to reset my sim without losing her progress on skills and aspirations?

Message 32 of 121 (3,776 Views)

Re: Sim Can't Eat Food Post-Vampirism

Hero

Hi @NerdyOtakuGurl

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 121 (3,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm currently having this issue with my Legacy heiress - talk about worst case scenario. I really hope they fix it soon, this really sucks Frown Guess I just won't make any more vampires until they do. Now my poor heiress has to go the rest of her life without eating cooked food, and she's a chef. Ugh. Super annoying that they've released at least one patch since this issue was first reported and it's not been fixed!

Message 34 of 121 (3,680 Views)
Highlighted

my sim gets uncomfortable after eating excelent food

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? pc
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all besides one stuff pack and the dinner out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? eating food
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim try to eat, even if it’s excelent food, and he gets very uncomfortable and has to go vomit.
What do you expect to see? normal eating
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i installed vampires, jungle and famous a week or so ago. 

i made a vampire and one of the negative perks was that he couldn’t eat human food.  however, i made him a human again. he was fine for a couple days but now he’s very uncomfortable when eating food. he has both 10 level homestyle cooking and 10 level groumet cooking and yet gets super uncomfortable when eating food and goes throw up. 

i had mods and deleted them and keeps happening. 

Message 35 of 121 (3,649 Views)

Re: my sim gets uncomfortable after eating excelent food

Hero

Hi @daisyx18

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 121 (3,634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Hey, 

I have had this problem too. My sim was a vampire in the past and now with the cure he was human again. Today he started barfing everything he ate, including plasma fruit. 

So I started looking and I read that in 2017 someone had the same issue and it was fixed for them by drinking AGAIN the cure for vampires.

I just bought enough ingredients with the computer and made another cocktail. 

Now my pre vampire sim can eat normal food again. I also do hope his depression is gone and his hissing. But those don't bother as much as the food problem

Message 37 of 121 (3,592 Views)

★★★ Novice
This worked for me too! Thank you. I thought those cheats had been patched out
Message 38 of 121 (3,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

So using the Vampire cheats listed in an above reply seemed to work for me. I re-vampirised my Sim, gave her the same traits (withered stomach etc) then made her drink a draft of restoration she had made. Then reverted her to human using cheats and she could eat without feeling bad again!! yay

Message 39 of 121 (3,166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! It worked for me too and my sim is now okay.

Message 40 of 121 (3,073 Views)