by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] [DU] Glass missing or no reflectivity on glass in certain worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load game
What happens when the bug occurs? there is No outside window Glass on the houses
What do you expect to see? outside window with Glass
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6-19-2018 patch

06-20-18_9-21-54 AM.png

06-20-18_9-25-37 AM.png

missing its outside window texture. another word. no glass

edited. I jump to each world and it seems only infecting Forgotten Hollow

Message 1 of 61 (9,391 Views)

Re: Outside Windows missing its Glass

★★★ Novice
I haven't checked other worlds, but I have this problem in both Willow Creek and Newcrest. I also can't see the glass of the glass roofs.
Message 2 of 61 (9,232 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LadyDarkSorrow @FairyOfLight14 what are your graphic settings?  Have you both performed the following steps post patch (if not, please do so): 1) remove any mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) create a new save and test the issue in the save.

Message 3 of 61 (9,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae I have a 960 and everything is set on max. always been that way. I don't use mods, this happens after the patch.

Message 4 of 61 (9,201 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

06-21-18_4-17-45 PM.png 

I have done everything again, clear catch, don't use mods, repaired game, I see glass in every hood but forgotten hollows. ? odd

Message 5 of 61 (9,185 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Even without mods/CC, corruption can occur in the game.  I never use them, but I always take the steps I listed above after every patch - I've had weird things happen when I didn't.  One thing I'm wondering about is if maybe some of what you're seeing is due to lighting changes in the game.  It seems to me that since the patch, we've got some changes to environmental lighting.  When I was in Forgotten Hollow, it was definitely difficult to even make out window details.  I was only able to verify that there was glass in some of the windows by swinging the camera around to find an angle that showed the glass.  Try looking at the window almost edge on in your camera and you should see the glass edge show up there.  They're not super easy to see, but if you look closely:

windowpaneglassedges.jpg I agree though that there's something off, and I will inquire about what might be going on...

Message 6 of 61 (9,177 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Also testing roofing, and it's definitely an issue in FH:

roofsnoglassfh.jpg

I haven't seen this in other worlds, but I haven't tested all of them - will go do that quickly and update the thread if necessary.

Message 7 of 61 (9,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae that's what I'm seeing, even the roof looks bad.. good it's not me then. thanks for checking this out for me

Message 8 of 61 (9,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea, same, I'm going through all of the worlds and testing it out but it all comes out the same, non existent / barely noticeable textures and reflections on the windows and glass roofing, the only place I haven't seen the textures missing or invisible are the windows the look out on San Myshuno, otherwise the glass is almost non existant

Message 9 of 61 (9,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae Season just downloaded and the windows in Forgotten Hollows are fixed..

06-22-18_12-57-12 AM.png

Message 10 of 61 (9,121 Views)