[OPEN] [V] [DU] Glass missing or no reflectivity on glass in certain worlds

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: Invisible clear glass on doors and glass roofs in Foxbury

Hero
@Geminiagre Merging this with the forgotten hallow thread also adjusted title.

Looks the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 61 (1,587 Views)

Re: Doors Missing Glass Effect/Texture In Forgotten Hollow

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue only in Forgotten Hollow.  

Message 52 of 61 (1,379 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] [DU] Glass missing or no reflectivity on glass in certain worlds

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay, so I fixed it for me because of a tip from back in the day with the roofs in glimmerbrook which suffered this problem.

I had to delete my Sims 4 file in documents (After making a back up of mods, tray and save files) and start the game with a new safe.

After I put back my files, all doors looked normal again.

I am not sure what did it, but it did fix the problem at least for now.

Whatever it is, the glitch happens because of something in that file.

Message 53 of 61 (1,349 Views)

Re: Doors Missing Glass Effect/Texture In Forgotten Hollow

★★ Novice
@Jubee1027 This is frequently impacted by my view distance in settings. In my game, low view distance makes the glass panes in doors disappear when viewed from outside. High view distance make them appear as they should.
Message 54 of 61 (1,229 Views)

No Glass Texture in Glass Doors in Forgotten Hollow

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion, game, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to Forgotten Hollow and enter Build mode on one of the lots. 2. Build wall and place a door with glass in it on the wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no glass on any of the doors that are supposed to have glass in them about 99% of the time. I was able to get one door to have glass when looking from inside the home out, but when looking from outside the home in, there is no glass on that door. However, all other doors have no glass.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the glass texture on all doors with glass no matter the placement of it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

With the new Paranormal stuff pack coming this Tuesday, I wanted to build a haunted house in Forgotten Hollow. After building roughly half of the exterior of the house, I noticed on the front door something was off about it. I studied it for a few minutes when I realized that it looked like there was no glass in the door even though there was supposed to be glass there. I played around with it more and noticed it happened with every single door that was supposed to have glass in it, even base game doors. 

Message 55 of 61 (1,182 Views)

Upscale iron scrollwork door has no glass in Forgotten hollow

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, cottage living, eco living, island living, get famous, seasonns, cats and dogs, city living, get together, werewolves, realm of magic, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, moschino, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place upscale iron scrollwork door in forgotten hollow
What happens when the bug occurs? it will have no visible glass and will be completely see through
What do you expect to see? a door with visible glass that matches other items of the same set
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

here is screenshot of one door with no glass with working windows next to itScreenshot_13.png

Message 56 of 61 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I currently have this exact issue in ALL my worlds. CC and non CC doors. Glass roofs. Shows from inside a building but not from the outside.

Message 57 of 61 (690 Views)

★★ Novice

I just started having the exact same issues

Message 58 of 61 (607 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's been five years and I just started having this issue. Any update on what might be causing it?

Message 59 of 61 (498 Views)

Re: Invisible clear glass on doors and glass roofs in Foxbury

★ Guide

Was playing in Forgotten Hollow and noticed this same issue.

Message 60 of 61 (298 Views)