Re: Glass on doors is invisible on outside in Forgotten Hollow

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem in Britechester, but that's the only place I have noticed it in my games. I have tried several different saves, repaired my game via Origin, deleted cache files, removed any mods... nothing has changed.

Message 41 of 61 (2,239 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@LaurenNumberOne Could you post some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 61 (2,219 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tested these in Britechester, Forgotten Hollow and Willow Creek. The glass textures are missing in Britechester and Forgotten Hollow, but show up in Willow Creek. 

Message 43 of 61 (2,201 Views)

Hero
@LaurenNumberOne Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 61 (2,172 Views)

Doors Missing Glass Effect/Texture In Forgotten Hollow

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the Expansions except Eco Living, all the Game Packs, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any door with glass panes so one side is inside and the other is outside on any lot in Forgotten Hollow, bug effects both sides and sometimes changes sides of effect.
What happens when the bug occurs? The exterior-facing side (most of the time) for each color option doesn't appear to have a glass texture in place. The interior shows the glass just fine. Alternate glass types also work fine (IE: stained glass in King Of Diamonds door but only the colored pieces, wavy glass in Retro Door, lit glass in Bounce In Bounce Out door, all Vampires pack doors, etc)
What do you expect to see? Glass.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First question answered: The mod I use is to fix vampires being unable to dark meditate (unsure if that was fixed naturally in game but either way I have no issues with the mod or the vampire meditation now) and that is all I have. I have no CC for anything and no other mods, so while I am not very well versed in code I am led to believe a simple script error fixing code for character behavior would not result in a graphical glitch that effects 95% of doors that have glass but only in Forgotten Hollow. Just wanted to let you know so that could be ruled out as a possibility for what is causing it. I do not think this issue was present until very recently because Garliclauter Place had a front door that was totally fine and now it's not.

Door from inside:

Interior side of Arched Door With Double Panes

Door from the outside:

Exterior of Arched Door With Double Panes, there is no visible glass texture/effect

When I first started writing this it was initially about this one door but after doing some fiddling it appears almost all door with glass effects/textures are weirdly effected in Forgotten Hollow, only non-standard glass is safe from this odd graphical bug, and WEIRDLY, Door de la Sass has the problem in REVERSE, where the interior facing side is glassless but the exterior is fine, and Classy Glass Doors where the top and bottom flip-flop.

I Am On The Brink, Describing this would be long-winded and induce madness

After skimming through some of the windows (not all, I got tired) it does not seem to affect them at all. The glass IS VISIBLE but only when I change the lighting to night, and even then it is very difficult to see, especially when you can directly compare the functioning and non-functioning textures side by side like in the door above.

It's not a big issue but I figured I'd let you know because it was confusing and oddly wide-spread. I also looked to see if this was a previously reported problem and I could not find it, apologies if this is an unintentional duplication.

Message 45 of 61 (2,130 Views)

Re: Doors Missing Glass Effect/Texture In Forgotten Hollow

Hero
@InsanelyADD Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 61 (2,088 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for responding. After reading through the thread I think my issue is actually closer to this thread that was mentioned here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Glass-missing-or-no-reflectivity-on-glass-in-Forgotten/...

Because it seems localized entirely in Forgotten Hollow and the glass is not visible at all rather than the wall showing up instead of the glass. 

I do have this issue with wall window thing but that isn't what I was reporting in my initial post, so I clicked me too for both.

Message 47 of 61 (2,060 Views)

Hero
@InsanelyADD To many glass door issues ... I moved it over to the one you linked :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 61 (2,047 Views)

Invisible clear glass on doors and glass roofs in Foxbury

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build something in Foxbury part of Britchester and use a glass roof and/or any glass door with clear glass
What happens when the bug occurs? the glass is invisible
What do you expect to see? to be able to see the glass is there
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The bug  affects glass roofs and all glass doors that have clear glass (if the glass has a slight tint to it the issue isn't there) ONLY when building in Foxbury Neighborhood in Britchester. Also tested with a vanilla game and the bug still occurs. Attaching two pictures one in Willow Creek and one in Foxbury. Second picture in Foxbury used same door twice one with tinted glass one with clear next to eachother so you can see the difference

Message 49 of 61 (2,063 Views)

Re: Invisible clear glass on doors and glass roofs in Foxbury

@Geminiagre 

Oh that's beautiful! Teeth bared

I see it in the Foxbury area too but nowhere else.

07-05-20_8:32:41 AM.png

07-05-20_8:27:54 AM.png

Placed the same room in Gibb's Hill and the glass was fine:

07-05-20_8:29:53 AM.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 50 of 61 (2,022 Views)