Re: Glass on doors is invisible on outside in Forgotten Hollow

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Outside Windows missing its Glass

★★★ Novice

As already mentioned here, this is unrelated to the problem in FH (which in my case was fixed only by purchasing seasons). I also have all my graphic settings on ultra.

Message 31 of 61 (2,033 Views)

★ Guide

I hope if they eventually do fix them in forgotten hollow, that they would fix it in low view distance option as well. I want to turn that down, as I find a very noticeable lag in game since seasons patch and that was why I had put view distance down lately to begin with. 

Message 32 of 61 (2,013 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@tsukuri_8 , as NeutralSupply mentioned above, and me as well on page 1. I said "it's fixed" by Season Ep....as of today not seeing any problems with the glass being missing in any of the neighborhoods, especially Forgotten Hollow. everything was fixed after Season was installed. not too sure about those who don't have "Season"

Message 33 of 61 (1,997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have the same problem, in Forgotten Hollow no glass texture.
Game cleaned up and repaired over Origin.
Tested in a vanilla game.

I have Seasons, and yet the problem is there.

23.08.18_09-24-03.png

23.08.18_09-25-25.png

Message 34 of 61 (1,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Now I have the phenomenon in Willow Creek but only when I moved to the building mode during a storm. It can not be due to the CC, I've already extensively tested it in a vanilla game.Now I wait until the storm stops, if nothing changes then, I can probably forget this game stand, which unfortunately belongs to a story.

26.08.18_18-57-35.png

26.08.18_18-58-48.png

26.08.18_18-59-32.png

Message 35 of 61 (1,912 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This thread looks dead, but I was wondering if a solution was ever found. The glass issue only seems to apply to doors and not windows. I tried the suggested distance fix, and it didn't work. The issue for me is in Forgotten Hollow. The glass shows up when you are inside of a room, but not when you are looking from the outside. 

Message 36 of 61 (1,795 Views)

Glass / Windows on doors doesn't appear from the exterior of buildings

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020 (64 bits)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs [GTW]: Get To Work [GT]: Get Together [CL] City Living [CD] Cats & Dogs Game Packs [OR]: Outdoor Retreat [SD]: Spa Day [V] Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a door with glass / Windows on a wall (Not sure if this is the right forum to share this bug, I hope so)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Windows / glass parts on a door doesnt apear from the exterior of a building (it does apear from the interior, and the bug doesn't occur at all if the door is completly in the interior of a bulding)
What do you expect to see? The correct rendering of glass on a door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

23-04-2019_13-03-07.png23-04-2019_13-03-27.png23-04-2019_13-03-42.png23-04-2019_13-03-55.png23-04-2019_13-04-04.png23-04-2019_13-05-24.png23-04-2019_13-05-53.pngThings I tried : Resetting my game to factory settings, deleting the cache, updating my drivers.

Message 37 of 61 (1,785 Views)

Re: Glass / Windows on doors doesn't appear from the exterior of buildings

Hero (Retired)

@Nazgune this is an issue in Forgotten Hollow - see original report here.  I am merging this with the original thread.

Message 38 of 61 (1,766 Views)

Glass on doors is invisible on outside in Forgotten Hollow

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, StrangerVille, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check exterior facing of glass pane doors in Forgotten Hollow.
What happens when the bug occurs? The exterior facing of any door with glass panes is invisible, so you see right through the frame of the door to the inside of the building. It doesn't happen on the interior facing.
What do you expect to see? Glass pane texture on both sides of door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no idea when this started to occur because I only seem to experience it in Forgotten Hollow, and I've had the issue with multiple glass doors from various packs.

Message 39 of 61 (1,764 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Glass on doors is invisible on outside in Forgotten Hollow

Hero (Retired)

@natabeartv merged with pre-existing report for this issue.  Please click the "Me Too" button on the first page.

Message 40 of 61 (1,713 Views)