Re: Windows in the game appear windowless

by Shadebrigade

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] No reflectivity on glass in Forgotten Hollow

★★★ Novice

Same issue here... No mods, game repaired, fresh save. Forgotten Hollow has no glass. All other worlds do.

TS4_x64 2018-06-24 16-52-29.png

Message 11 of 61 (2,270 Views)

Windows in the game appear windowless

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EPs except Seasons. all GPs except Outdoor Retreat & Jungle Adventure. Perfect Patio & Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. add a window in a room, one side facing the inside and other side facing outside.
What happens when the bug occurs? everytime
What do you expect to see? Windows to have some texture when viewed from outside
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm sure I've read this bug somewhere, but I can't find it. What i've realised is that the windows, when viewed from outside appear to be clear and don't have any texture, it ends up looking like a hole. This can be observed more easily on windows that have the blue tinge, such as the medium-height Get Together windows and the medium-height 3-tiled CityLiving ones.

As seen from the images attached, when viewing the City living windows from outside, there is no blue tinge, it appears clear. when i flipped the windows around, and viewed from the inside, the blue tinge appears.

Message 12 of 61 (2,276 Views)

Hero
This one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-No-reflectivity-on-glass-in-Forgotten-Hollow/m-p/687349... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 61 (2,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have actually had something similar happen, but for me it was just a wall with window frame. I replaced it in build mode and that fixed it. I have only had that happen to me once though.

Message 14 of 61 (2,257 Views)

Hero
Also in Forgotten Hollow ?

@Shadebrigade

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 61 (2,252 Views)

Hero

@Shadebrigade @muchlove0007 

Merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 61 (2,235 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict It was in Oasis Springs.

Message 17 of 61 (2,213 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Shadebrigade which lot in Oasis Springs?  And was it a pre-existing build or one you had downloaded or built yourself?

Message 18 of 61 (2,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

can delete this.

Message 19 of 61 (2,100 Views)

Hero
As @BryonyRae is handling this thread, I'll tag her.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 61 (2,174 Views)