[OPEN] [V] Can't throw birthday party for teen vampires

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Can't throw birthday party for teen vampires

★★★ Guide

I'm only just playing with vampires now and I have 1 human, and 2 vampire toddlers and I have the bug where I can't throw a birthday party because "no one in the household is having their birthday today". I changed to a household with only human sims and I could throw a birthday for them.  I have removed all mods while trying this.

Message 21 of 53 (1,046 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Can't throw birthday party for teen vampires

★★★★ Guide

Keep in mind that Vampires only age until Young Adult and than their age stops until they get turned human.  Teen vampires that are aging, please keep in mind if you choose to turn your human sim into a vampire too close to aging up, the aging transition will be disabled until you are a full blown vampire, same for pregnant sims, this prevents sims from getting corrupted during the transitional phase.  It takes at least 3 to 4 days to turn into a vampire after that your teen sim can throw a Birthday Party.  I hope this helps. 

Message 22 of 53 (1,021 Views)

Unable to throw birthday party

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the calendar for when a Sim's birthday is and attempt to throw a birthday party
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to throw a party as it says that there is no sim in the house celebrating a birthday that day.
What do you expect to see? To be able to throw a party for my sim to age them up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last update

Trying to throw a birthday party for any sims who are due to age up but every time I get a message saying that no sim is celebrating their birthday that day despite the calendar saying they are.

Message 23 of 53 (1,148 Views)

Re: Unable to throw birthday party

Hero
@Kerrybubbles Is your Sim a Vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 53 (1,141 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictYes but this is a toddler who still ages up.  The birthdays for the adults show in the calendar for some reason but I know they don't age.  I was able to throw a birthday party for his vampire father when he was younger but I can't now.

Message 25 of 53 (1,117 Views)

Hero
@Kerrybubbles There's this report for teen vamps: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Can-t-throw-birthday-party-for-teen-vampires/td-... .. maybe toddlers that are soon to be vamps are also an issue

Can you not schedule it and see if it works if you throw it at night

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 53 (1,109 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictIt wont let me schedule one.  It says nobody is celebrating a birthday on that day.

Message 27 of 53 (1,105 Views)

Hero
@Kerrybubbles Yes, but if you go through the phone once it's night. Not through the calendar. Does that also not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 53 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

the same thing happens there.  I've even tried on the day of the birthday and it still says nobody is celebrating.  I've looked at that link you sent me and it does seem like the same bug.

Message 29 of 53 (1,100 Views)

Hero
@Kerrybubbles Would you mind sending me your save ? Upload to google drive or one drive and pm me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 53 (1,091 Views)