Re: [OPEN] Using Go Home Button on Pie Menu Fails at Travel Portal

by ShinoTypeError

Original Post

[OPEN] Using Go Home Button on Pie Menu Fails at Travel Portal

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a Post Vampire GP issue in households with a baby and more than one Adult.  If all 'Adult' sims travel away from the home so that the baby goes to Day Care there is an issue using the 'Go Home' button or the little 'House' image on the Sims Icon to travel home.

Using the 'Go Home' button in the pie menu or the little 'house' image on the sims Icon results sims going to the portal and jumping back. Two LE errors are thrown every time quite consistently. They both trace back to "_remove_daycare_effects_from_sim" but are associated with different program objects. The bug seems to be associated with the game trying to remove the 'Day Care' status from the baby.

I tested the issue with no mods or CC loaded. I reset my Sims folder just to be sure it was a game error but I didn't 'repair' the game through Origin because I don't have the bandwidth available.

The bug is quite repeatable as follows:
1. Household must have a baby
2. Must be at least 2 other sims in the household as well as the baby. (No bug with a single adult sim and baby)
3. The baby needs to have been in Day Care so other sims need to be absent from the home.
4. Travel will all sims except baby to a community venue (Willow Creek Park and Arts Quarter tested)
5. Use 'Go Home' button on Pie Menu or little house symbol on the Sims Icon to initiate return.
6. Sim will go to the Travel Portal and Reset/jump back. LE Errors thrown.

Message 1 of 8 (1,686 Views)

Re: Using Go Home Button on Pie Menu Fails at Travel Portal

Hero

Could you attach your last exceptions to the post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here are two last exceptions errors that I saved in case someone wanted them like a guru. Just in case not to confuse anyone I originally started the discussion on The Sims forum in The Sims 4 bugs & gameplay issues.

I have also had this same bug with a toddler after sending them home with the send to day care from a nightclub lot. Than after that sent the father home with the 'Go Home' button he went home with no problems. Later I sent the Mom home with the "Go Home" button and the portal reset and she jumped back from the portal. I did not get a last exception error report like I did with the baby in the household.

Also this happens with a baby in a household when a sim automatically goes to work while on a community lot.

Also I should mention that I tested this with an new save with the vanilla game, a folder reset, and repaired game as I mentioned on The Sims forum with baby in the household. And that is where the last exceptions errors I uploaded came from. The toddler incident though I mentioned above took place in my game I use mods on though.

Message 3 of 8 (1,619 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks much for the report on this and the lastException files, I'm seeing what you're seeing as well Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (1,595 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Guide

Experienced something similar to this in my game recently. Except my problem wasn't with the portal, but that every time I tried to send my adults home after having them both off the lot while the babies were at daycare, I would encounter that glitch where the game kicks you back to the map instead of loading your intended destination. This would happen every time without fail unless I left at least one of the adults at home. At first I thought it was because one of my babies was overdue for aging up, but I'm pretty sure after reading this that the game failing to call the babies back from daycare was the real cause. I had already suspected the daycare thing was the likely culprit since it never happened as long as I left one adult at home. 

That at was a couple weeks ago and I haven't had the problem again because I'm too nervous to send all adults or teens out if there are babies or toddlers in the household. I always leave at least one at home now. I'll check and see if I have any LE files about it but I'm not sure if I have any from that far back since I clean out old ones pretty regularly. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,547 Views)

Hero

@ShinoTypeError do you have any lastexception files from that you could attach ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, sorry, I checked earlier and I had already cleared any last exceptions out from when that was happening because it was a couple weeks ago and I hadn't had the problem again since. I hadn't even thought it about it again really until I saw this thread and it seemed that the OPs problem was similar to the one I had. If it happens again in my game I'll make sure to keep any LE generated and attach them here. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,511 Views)