Re: [OPEN] Uploaded gallery content not being shown as shared in library

by marjia

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Library/Gallery Interface

★ Apprentice

already tried that and it did not work. uploaded a new house to the gallery and an hour later the connection between the gallery and my library was gone again. also reinstalled origin but that didn't work either.

Message 31 of 49 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm having the same issue.  So far, only one several of my shared items lost the shared status.  I can see all of them in my gallery profile though.

This is an example of one of the lots in my library.
LostSharedStatus.png

This is a view of the lot in my gallery profile.
GalleryProfileView.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 32 of 49 (887 Views)

★★ Guide

This is driving me crazy.  I don't understand how something that used to work beautifully suddenly stopped working and there is no way to get a response from the company who takes our money.

Very rude...  

NOT RESOLVED.

Message 33 of 49 (867 Views)

Champion

@JonaO703 I had something similar happening to me at one point. I'm not sure I'll remember everything I tried, but I don't seem to have the issue any more. Below are a few things I did:

• I had a TON of stuff in my Library, so I weeded that out (to help reduce the size of my tray folder, which includes the library items).
  • I went through and, for the items that I was not seeing a 'synced' cloud (indicating they were shared to the gallery), I went to the gallery and chose to download them in the browser gallery. 
  • I then closed my game. Most likely I also did a game repair and cleared the cache:
    Clear Cache:
    Spoiler
    How to delete cache:
    • Exit your game and Origin
    • Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
    • Delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder (your game will re-create this folder next time you open the game)

Directions on how to delete additional cache if needed:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Game Repair:
    Spoiler
    How to run a game repair:

• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game

• If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
    • If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/
  • I then re-opened my game. I found that the items were then in my library with the 'synced/shared' cloud. Then I just left it be. I believe I waited at least a month before removing the unsynced copies of the lot/household from my Library. I would also recommend placing the households/lots in your game (the synced/downloaded versions) before deleting the unsynced ones to make sure all is correct and placing/functioning properly in them.

I still find that my 'synced/shared' download/favs numbers don't seem to keep up, but that may be a setting I have. I have not really looked into that. But my green 'shared' clouds have not been disappearing. Hope something in that info helps.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 34 of 49 (845 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR Hey!  Thank you! I saved my shared lots back into my library from the gallery and they displayed the proper cloud icon without even exiting the game. I still think it's a bug that needs to be addressed though.  Hopefully the devs can fix the issue of these gallery items losing their links. Standard smile

Happy Simming!

Message 35 of 49 (836 Views)

Champion

@JonaO703 Thank you for letting us know what helped in your situation! I hope you continue to see them behave properly! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 36 of 49 (825 Views)

Champion

This is still an ongoing issue.  Numerous shared items recently lost their link to items on the gallery.  We should not have to keep saving our own shares to reestablish that link. Shares should not lose the link to begin with.  Please fix this!

Happy Simming!

Message 37 of 49 (777 Views)

Gallery shared items don't appear to be shared in my library

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except for these kits - Carnival Streetwear Kit, Modern Menswear Kit, Fashion Street Kit and Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I share something to the gallery, after a couple of days the specific item does not appear to be shared anymore in my library (therefore I can not see comments, likers or downloads). The item is still available for everyone to download, I know that because I still get download notifications from those items. This started happening about over a week ago and it is only happening with the items that I recently shared, the ones before are still looking fine in my library.
What do you expect to see? To be able to see my gallery shared items from my gallery as being shared.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 38 of 49 (659 Views)

Re: Gallery shared items don't appear to be shared in my library

Champion
@RoxanneSoul only seems to happen with households I've shared, but I just tried yesterday to download the version from the gallery back to my library and delete the older unlinked copies and that worked.
Message 39 of 49 (646 Views)

Re: Gallery shared items don't appear to be shared in my library

Hero
@RoxanneSoul It's unfortunately a very old issue. I merged your post with the existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 49 (608 Views)