by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 47 (3,128 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem a lot, across multiple saves. In my current save, I had at least 7 fires in one sim afternoon. 

I tried removing ceiling lights (which have previously caught fire) and using table lamps which were placed on the mantlepiece of the fireplace. There is no furniture within 3 tiles of the fireplace (except for an occupied bassinet two tiles away, which should be invulnerable).

My fire count was as follows:

1. The floor caught fire.
2. The floor caught fire.
3. The cat threw up on the floor while I was feeding the baby, and in the space of time it took to cancel the feeding action, the cat vomit caught fire.
    NB: The vomit was about a tile and a half away from the fireplace.
4. The lamp on the mantelpiece caught fire.

5. The floor caught fire and spread to the couch 2 tiles away.

6. I think possibly the *cat* caught fire? Not sure. The fire started on the tile the cat was on, which was diagonally 2 tiles from the fireplace, and it spread to the tile the bassinet, which didn't burn, but the floor under it did.
7. The floor caught fire.

I can send the save file through, if you like. Shouldn't be hard for the devs to replicate the issue, given that track record.

Message 12 of 47 (3,098 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know this is old, but I'm having this issue in my current game, all updated to latest patch and expansion.

I have a relatively expensive fireplace in my Sims house, and the floor in front of it caught fire several times within a few weeks of putting in the fireplace.  Most of the time it spreads to the coffee table that is about 3 tiles out before I get it put out.

Upgraded the fire to fireproof, and there have been 3 more similiar fires since, over about 8 sim weeks.

I'm going to try replacing the hardwood floor with stonework for all the tiles under and immediately around the fireplace to see if that helps stop the fires.  It's bad, the fire that just happened almost got both my toddlers this last time.

Message 13 of 47 (3,033 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem. SO MANY FIRES. I don't even light the fireplaces anymore because immediately after I do, a fire starts. Objects aren't even that close to the fire, may 2 tiles away. It wasn't a problem before, and my sims always had the fireplaces on 24/7, same house, same objects around. Then all of the sudden everything started lighting on fire one day. The rugs, the chairs, the ceiling lamp, something on the mantle. I can't find a newer thread on this, but it's been pretty annoying. 

Message 14 of 47 (2,985 Views)

Upgraded Fireplace Causing Fires + Random Sims on lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Season, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Parenthood, Laundry Day Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgraded Fireplace
What happens when the bug occurs? I have full upgraded Fireplace in bedroom with autolight but also fireproof. When sims enter the room - light in the room catches on fire. Which will be put out with sprinklers. But then when sims return into room it will catch fire again. This also triggers random sims who may be in the area to say "I should really get going now."
What do you expect to see? Fireplace turns on with Autolight and Sims can freely be in room with no fires since the fireplace should also be fire-proofed through upgrades. Sims who are not on my lot should not give me the "I should really get going now." constantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.52.100.1020 when updated game has caused this issues.

https://youtu.be/XaMLJyO0hes

I recorded the entire situation. Excuse my Sims I removed the Mods folder and so they have nothing on Standard smile 

Message 15 of 47 (2,936 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Upgraded Fireplace Causing Fires + Random Sims on lot

Hero
@PrussianMaster I merged this with existing thread although there seems to be a new tone to it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 47 (2,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. I have an upgraded fireplace and it caught on fire. Burned the rug and everything on the coffee table. I had it a squared away from the fireplace, but the fireplace is upgraded so it should have never happened. 

Edit: I had this happen in my game recently with no explanation. The fireplace isn't even on and the fire was nowhere near the fireplace. This fire couldn't be put out either.

Message 17 of 47 (2,893 Views)

★ Pro

I think its the auto light causing this, since i have stopped upgrading my fires I have never had a fire, caused by the fire. I just light mine and leave them on, all the time.

Message 18 of 47 (2,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play on PS4 console and yes the fireplaces in the expensive penthouse on myshuno especially the one in the bathroom catches fire to objects suddenly. Last year when playing this I didn’t have any problem but ever since I started playing again few weeks ago (and added Seasons) my sim constantly have fires started in that bathroom where the fire place is. It’s completely upgraded. Fires should start if the fire guard feature is enabled from the upgrade. I believe the auto light feature could be the trigger but nevertheless if my sim upgraded to the fire guard to “eliminate accidental fires with the Ultra-tempered fireguard finish” y is everything and sometimes nothing catching fire in this bathroom? Sims games have always been glitchy though. Guess I will not longer let my sims have the cozy moodlet while taking a nice bath. Smh. 👎🏾

Message 19 of 47 (2,759 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!! Standard smile

Our team is looking into this but we have had some issues reproducing this issue successfully.

If anybody still sees this bug occurring in their game, and you don't mind providing us with your save file, that would indeed help our team a lot!

Click >here< to find out how to send save files to our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 47 (2,714 Views)