[ARCHIVE] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: Lorenzo Luke won't leave

Hero
@JCPete I merged your post with master thread on this.

Try traveling with your Sim and have Lorezeno tag along. Then go back home alone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 86 (1,291 Views)

[PS4] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It’s mainly happened in houses with teens or people in uni.
What happens when the bug occurs? “Harpo, who dis woman?” Sims randomly walk in like they pay bills; eat up all your food, use all your electricity, including computers and fridges— and they don’t even acknowledge you. Furthermore they don’t knock. The nerve!
What do you expect to see? EA to install doorbells so that we can lock our doors and hear guests at the door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I downloaded the University and tiny living packs

It only happens in houses where sims are in school. Either grade/high school/university.

Message 52 of 86 (1,212 Views)

Re: Who’s simz is dis? Random townies barging in without knocking.

Hero
@ChloeYYZ This is a known issue

PC/Mac Thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Unwanted-guests-no-ask-to-leave-Other-worlds-than/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 86 (1,181 Views)

Ask To Leave Interaction Missing

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventures, Vampires, Spa Day. Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a sim over or wait for a sim to visit. They won't leave and there is no option to ask to leave regardless of friendship status. Have tried with stranger all the way to BFF
What happens when the bug occurs? When other sims visit my lot, they won't leave and there is no option to ask to leave regardless of friendship status. Have tried with stranger all the way to BFF. If it's a group of people (say for the "Extra Food" gathering in Sulani, or a party my sim has thrown) normally most will leave, but one or two will stick around for a really long time, waking my sims up by turning on TVs and such.
What do you expect to see? An option for "Ask to Leave" when I click on a visiting sim who has overstayed their welcome.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When other sims visit my lot, they won't leave and there is no option to ask to leave regardless of friendship status. Have tried with stranger all the way to BFF. If it's a group of people (say for the "Extra Food" gathering in Sulani, or a party my sim has thrown) normally most will leave, but one or two will stick around for a really long time, waking my sims up by turning on TVs and such. 

Message 54 of 86 (1,259 Views)

Re: Ask To Leave Interaction Missing

Hero
@Ekmidenisi merged your post with current thread

Try travelling to another lot and have the Sim tag along. Then go back home alone.

Works in most cases.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 86 (1,251 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I shall try that, however I would like to add I have just found that I can ask Children to leave but not adults. wondering if this could ACTUALLY be looked into without my sims having to travel to another lot at 3 in the morning instead of being asleep
Message 56 of 86 (1,247 Views)

Hero
@Ekmidenisi It's a bug. The travelling is just a workaround for the moment

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 86 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I wouldn't normally be that bothered except I have a 3 sim family living in a tier 1 micro home and having sims hanging around for days on end really is an issue. And it's been a bug for so long now. I don't normally post existing bugs until they get really really frustrating and make me want to stop playing altogether.

In case it helps, here are 2 screenshots (CM: Added to spoiler tag. Please click the spoiler tag to expand and see the images). For the child, any one of my sims can ask him to leave regardless of friendship status. For the adult, nobody can ask her to leave. When this happens with more than one adult (sometimes staying for 3 days+) it gets a little crowded in this lil home

Spoiler
child ask to leave.png
adult no ask to leave.png

Update: less than 12 hours later i can no longer ask the child to leave

child no ask to leave.png

(Posts merged by CM.)

Message 58 of 86 (1,226 Views)

Stranger Danger - Get Out!

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, All game Packs except Parenthood, Most Stuff packs, excluding Tinyhouse, Moschino Stuff, First pet, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids room and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a house or apartment anywhere in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stranger Danger invaders invade my unknown sim's homes.
What do you expect to see? Sims acting like normal people and not going into random stranger's houses and stealing their food and being forced to leave. Literally ever. This is unacceptable behavior and the game should at least acknowledge it as being so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A random Sim appears in my house. Sometimes a notification that they're coming in. Sometimes? No notification at all. Sims come in, eat my food, turn on my fireplaces (which oddly causes fires even if they have fireguard on), and then leave, sometimes taking my food with them that I made with my own sims $$. Many times, these are sims my sim has never even *met* before, like they're not even in the acquaintances list. And before you ask, no, my sims are -not- famous in any way. I should not have to both lock my door (this becomes annoying with pets) AND mark my lot as private to stop random strangers from coming over. Why isn't there an option to "Call Cops" or "Arrest Intruder" That would stop this kind of behavior in game entirely? I don't know a single player who finds this mechanic fun or interesting. please fix or remove it, it makes the game very annoying. Even after my sim asks them to leave, they still don't know who they are in acquaintances. I have now had this happen consistently many times across many different saves/households. I have even had sims I'VE made and played come to visit households randomly intruding on my other played households where they dont even know each other or have ever met. Sometimes I get a "We're friends right" (for my well off sims), but sometimes they're not even that.
And no, they're not vampires coming to suck my sims to death, they're normal, non-supernatural sims. Additionally, the game has been doing this since before I ever installed or played with any custom CC/Mods, so It is not mod related.

Message 59 of 86 (1,106 Views)

Sims won't leave

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tiny residential lot in Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims enter the house and will not leave. There is no option to ask them to leave.
What do you expect to see? The option to ask people to leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

As stated, random sims are making themselves at home in my familes home. I haven't had it happen on any other lot type other than Tiny Residential. I have tried changing the lot type, moving the family out and back in, deleting the lot and replacing it and even deleting the families of the sims that are invading. Everytime, new sims arrive and walk in, even if I have the doors locked. When I moved the family out, changed the lot type, changed it back and moved the family back in, the same sim was still standing there and still no ask to leave option. Also tried resetsim and nothing.

Message 60 of 86 (1,129 Views)