Re: There are a bug in pre-defined families.

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Unlocked items still locked for pre-defined families

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

In Sims 4, there are some pre-defined familes whose members jobs had been set, but the unlocked objects connected to the level of the job are still locked!!!

For example, if the job is "Lead Detective", then the chair " Swiveler"  should be unlocked. Unfortunately, in the pre_defined familes this chair is still locked. However, I actually have a method to lock the "Swiveler" .  That is I delete this family and create a new family!!!

I hope EA can solve this bug, Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@zcr1h Moved to bug reporting

EDIT: And added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,141 Views)

Hero

@zcr1h Is this still a issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This seems like it's happening with me. I've merged my custom sim into a pre-defined family and the pre-defined sim isn't unlocking any of the career rewards as she progresses. There are several items that she should be eligible for now but she can't purchase any of them.

Message 4 of 9 (1,088 Views)

Hero

So not fixed then.

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am having this for families in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.  In Windenburg they have the unlocks.

Message 6 of 9 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is an issue for me. Has there been no bug fix on this? It's been two years since your comment. More, since the original poster.

Message 7 of 9 (925 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems the interest in this issue is not very big though (as in not a problem for most players)

Thanks for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (911 Views)

Champion

I just assumed it was being worked on and would be fixed someday. Just clicked me too.

Examples in my game are like Summer Holiday, who already had some levels in the culinary career, and I can't use the special kitchen counters that are meant to be unlocked for culinary sims, although the island version available later is available because I was actively playing her when she reached that career level.

Same with Eliza Pancakes, when I started playing, the game had her at level 6 painter career and I can't access any of the below level 6 painter career rewards.

I thought about using the bb unlock cheat as a workaround, but does that permanently unlock them or just temporarily during that building session? I'd rather ther game just checked their current career level and unlocked the lower level stuff automatically.

Message 9 of 9 (896 Views)