[OPEN] Uneven Terrain on Lots - Causes Various Problems

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Plot "the bungling" extremely faulty

Hero (Retired)

@Hoppel785 I believe your issue is related to this thread, which covers several lots with uneven ground where this type of thing happens.  I am not familiar with the lot name you used in your post, but please let me know if it is one of the lots listed on the thread.  If not, if you could provide me with the name of the lot, I can look into it.

Message 81 of 92 (1,250 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Uneven Terrain on Lots Reverts Flooring

★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae, Thank you for your answer in the other thread. Unfortunately, I had not found this thread, otherwise I would have answered right here. It is a plot in Oasis Springs. I am from Germany and the property names are certainly a bit different. Everything you have listed is true and it seems that it affects almost the whole property. I add some pictures and the video, what I did. Unfortunately, I do not know what to do, the house is 95% ready and I just wanted to do the pool and little things. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXwnf-nPEWw&feature=youtu.be

Message 82 of 92 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae, Thank you for your answer and yes it is the problem. I answered you in the right thread.

Message 83 of 92 (1,223 Views)

Hero

@Hoppel785

Merged your post

@BryonyRae for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 92 (1,207 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hoppel785 I'd recommend saving your build to the Library and then placing it on a different (unaffected) lot of the same size in order to finish up the build.  I can understand that if you had it planned as a desert home and there isn't another desert lot to use, that this may not be a good solution for you, but look among the various worlds and see if maybe you can't find another lot that might work.

Message 85 of 92 (1,156 Views)

[TO TEST] Broken Terrain In Forgotten Hollow

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the empty lot in forgotten hallow and place something like a skating rink near the edge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The terrain will overlap skating rink
What do you expect to see? Terrain not overlapping anything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (18).png

Flendermaus Bend 

Message 86 of 92 (1,107 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Broken Terrain In Forgotten Hollow

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee this lot is already on our list, so I've merged the threads.

Message 87 of 92 (1,052 Views)

★★ Guide

OK, Ea! Time to step up to the plate! This has been going on since 2015. It is now 2020. I think it's time this bug was addressed. Either that or give us a world edit tool as I am sure we can all do a better job of fixing this issue. To read that it's not only happening in Newcrest but in Forgotten Hollow and others also means that this seems to be a common problem on many Sims 4 maps. I realize that we were given this map (Newcrest) in order to appease the cries for "Give us more lots to build on!" but that was no reason to give us a buggy map. As for maps that came with EPs is a disgrace.

I have been trying with no success, to place some sidewalk tiles and I keep getting a can't find object error, which seems to be generated because of the uneven ground quirk in Comfy Cubby. To replicate this problem, start a new game and try to flatten the lot. Even without placing anything, it still gives an error - "Can't find object". What object? Anyways, I thought I would add my findings although as this has been ignored now for five years, I doubt if it's going to help.

Personally, the uneven ground never generated an error before but it must be due to ground heights tool being added and elevations being editable.

Message 88 of 92 (822 Views)

★★ Guide

I found a fix but I shouldn't have to figure these problems out, as they shouldn't happen in the first place.

First off, trying to add a lot from the gallery - personal or otherwise - doesn't work as it generates another error  - Object cannot be deleted. As this is supposed to be an empty lot, there shouldn't be any objects on it.

What I had to do, was go into the manage worlds screen and place a lot from the gallery there into Comfy Cubby. I'm thinking now that perhaps I needed to use the move object cheat earlier but why? This was a brand new game and a brand new lot so there shouldn't have been anything on it to begin with. So either something was left after the map was created that got left behind or its due to a bug. Either way, now I can go back onto the lot, delete the house I placed there and actually build on the lot as I should have been able to do originally. Wow!

Message 89 of 92 (815 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Ethyrdude 

I'm not seeing the issue that you're describing.  Can you send me a private message with the affected save file?

Instructions on how to send files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 90 of 92 (775 Views)