Re: Creating Basement Causes Terrain Slope on Certain Lots, Reverts Flooring

by milliemcintyre

Original Post

[OPEN] Uneven Terrain on Lots - Causes Various Problems

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This thread mostly refers to problems with lots that revert flooring (but also covers other glitches related to unevent terrain). 

Introduced with 3/26/15 Patch.  Still an issue as of the 2/4/16 patch.  Affected lots detailed below.  Images here, here, and full collection of images/discussion here.  Steps to reproduce:

Method 1:

1. Bulldoze Lot
  2. Cover entire lot with a floor style.
  3. Draw random basements (or fountains or pools) in various areas across the entire lot.
  4. Observe that flooring tiles near/around underground structures will be reverted back to ground cover.
  5. Attempt to re-add flooring to those tiles; you will get an error that there is "Nothing to Change."
  6. Delete underground structures, and try again - the problem remains.
  7. Bulldoze the lot, and try again - the problem remains.

Method 2:

1. Bulldoze Lot
  2. Cover entire lot with pools, fountains, or basements in various sizes.
  3. Attempt to place flooring across the entire lot.
  4. Observe that flooring tiles near/around pools/fountains/basement cannot be covered by flooring.
  5. Attempt to add flooring directly to those tiles; you will get an error that there is "Nothing to Change."

Method 3:

1. Bulldoze lot
  2. Place individual flooring squares within 1-3 tiles of lot boundary.
  3. Continue placing flooring within 1-3 tiles of those first squares. 

Method 4:

1. Place rug over affected area of terrain.
  2. Terrain will show through rug.

As you place the tiles, you will see the terrain rising and dipping in spots, and you will also find that placing flooring adjacent to pre-placed flooring will sometimes remove it.  Note that this behavior occurs on some lots not listed in this index, such as Cypress Terrace and The Summer Home, but on those lots, the uneven terrain does not prevent the placement of flooring, and if a tile is deleted, it can be easily replaced.

Affected Lots in Oasis Springs:

• Slipshod Mesquite
  • Rattlesnake Juice <-- interesting case where you can very clearly see the terrain sloping that occurs; in other lots, it's far more subtle
  • Forgotten Grotto <-- need someone else to test this lot, as I have never played enough to get access to it
  • Pebble Burrow

Affected Lots in Willow Creek:

• Oakenstead
  • Parkshore (place Arabesque by Livele to see issue)

Affected Lots in Granite Falls:

• Forest Hideaway
  • Granite Falls Forest

Affected Lots in Windenburg:

• Old Quarter Inn 

Affected Lots in Newcrest:

• Comfy Cubby

Affected Lots in Forgotten Hollow:

• Fledermaus Bend
  • Straud Mansion

Message 1 of 92 (21,665 Views)

Hero

I was wondering when someone was going to report that.

I'll add it tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 92 (21,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think this is the problem I am having on the Rattlesnake juicebar plot. I created the largest basement possible and now all the edges of the plot are sloped. I get the same error message when trying to place floor tiles.
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/2DpII7Y.jpg

Message 3 of 92 (21,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I am having this issue with Oakenstead.  I added a basement, then parts of my tile outside disappeared.  When I try to replace the tiles, I get the message 'nothing to change.'

Message 4 of 92 (21,358 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same here on oakenstead, seems the only way to fix it is use undo to get rid of the basement, or if you want it there, make a room for the floortiles and don't have foundations so it looks like they're flat on the ground Confusedmileysad:

Message 5 of 92 (21,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having that problem on the Oakenstead lot. Not just with adding a basement but also when I added a pool.

Message 6 of 92 (21,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any way to fix this?
Message 7 of 92 (21,297 Views)

Sims 4 Basement Error

★★ Novice

In the Sims 4, I created a family in the Oakenstead lot. I was doing some adjustments, adding basements and things like that, when the basement tool created a bit of a problem. I don't know if this is a problem for every lot, but you can test this by doing what I did.

I wanted a big basement, so I made the biggest one possible, with one space away from the squares on the grid surrounding the lot, since you cannot place walls or a basement at the edge of the lot or in that area. However, this proved to be quite a problem. Not only did it remove some items on the surface, the items that were not suspended, like the grill and outdoor table, the gates and planter boxes, were removed and added to my inventory, if not others as well, I could not place any tiles for sidewalks and such on the outermost part of the building grid. It said: Nothing to change. This area was also, I noticed, the area that the basement could not cover. There were also instances where the basement was not as big as it could be, but I could still not place tiles, and it said: Nothing to change. The basement is creating a strange problem where when a part of the lot does not have a basement underneath it, you cannot place tiles on non suspended places. This only happens with the first basement, the basement under the first basement does not do this. I just thought I should bring this to people's attention. I may not have reported everything, so please test this out for yourself and write a better report than me.

Message 8 of 92 (21,255 Views)

Also another error.

★★ Novice

There are also areas where I cannot place tiles, where I am not sure if they are linked to the basement problem or not.

Message 9 of 92 (21,254 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Basement Error

★ Novice

I also have the same problem. Things from above round go into my inventory or are deleted when I create a basement and I cant place tiles around where the walls in the basement area above ground. It gets worse, I cant place ant items there ether. the problem even continues when I delete the basement, still can't put the tiles or place items. I did not make a large basement so I was not close to the edge of the lot. I lost some of the landscaping too, and cant put it back the way it was because I saved after.

Message 10 of 92 (21,232 Views)