[FIXED] Undisguised Aliens Being "Discovered"

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Non-Disguised Aliens Being Recognised

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. My alien daughter (who has always been undisguised) gets embarrassed that her human mother has 'Discovered!' her and seen through her clever disguise. It happens when they play chess together, or when they're sitting around the campfire with the daughter telling a group story. When they talk under regular circumstances, it doesn't happen.

Message 21 of 32 (2,411 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

I'm really glad that a good bit of the really bad GTW bugs were fixed in the latest patch, but this one still has me curious. Is it just proving to be a really difficult bug to fix?

Message 22 of 32 (2,357 Views)

Hero
Same question: Do you still have it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 32 (2,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Just tested it. It would seem that some tweaking has been made, but the problem wasn't fixed entirely. The alien I just tested with didn't get embarrassed when introducing himself to Summer Holiday and Liberty Lee, nor did that annoying popup show itself, but Summer immediately got confident and Liberty immediately got angry. I can only assume that this is because of the moodlets that Sims usually get when they "discover" an alien. Maybe this means that steps are being taken toward fixing the problem now? But still, it doesn't seem to be completely fixed yet, and I'm guessing that might be why it wasn't in the patch notes.

Edit: Had the alien introduce himself to Travis Scott as well. Same deal with no embarrassed moodlet or popup, but Travis' mood immediately shifted from happy to confident.

Message 24 of 32 (2,348 Views)

Hero
Hopefully it gets fully fixed in the future then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 32 (2,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

I did a quick analysis on the current status on this bug. This is what I've found:

• Undisguised aliens no longer get embarrassed when meeting human or vampire Sims.
  • Undisguised aliens are no longer bombarded with that annoying "discovery" popup when meeting human or vampire Sims.
  • It is still possible for humans and vampires to get the confident "xenophilia" moodlet from "discovering" aliens.
  • It is still possible for humans and vampires to get the angry "alien deception" moodlet from "discovering" aliens. "Why wouldn't they tell me," it says. But they DID tell you! Makes NO sense!

Long story short, it's definitely at least partially fixed, but not entirely fixed yet. The moodlets that humans and vampires get when meeting aliens are still a problem.

Message 26 of 32 (2,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

From the post above mine about sims getting the anger buff "alien deception' moodlet from 'discovering aliens'. 'Why wouldn't they tell me" should be if that sim has a high relationship and / or romance with a disguised alien that got discovered which would make a lot more sense then the sim getting the confident "xenophilia moodlet" from "discovering aliens" if they found out their partner and / or friend hide their identity from them.     It would also be nice if it depend on the sim's traits on which moodlet they should get upon meeting a undisguised alien.

Message 27 of 32 (2,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah, it would make infinitely more sense if Sims could only get these "alien deception"  or "xenophilia" moodlets if they've known the alien as a human and only JUST discovered that they were an alien the whole time. That isn't the case, though, unfortunately. Sims are getting these moodlets upon first meeting undisguised aliens. As for traits coming into play, this is how the reactions work by default, according to this one mod:

"Sims always get a +2 angry moodlet discovering an alien if their relationship (friendship bar) is worse than -5 ; moodlets are randomly angry or confident if the relationship is between -5 and +5 ; the moodlet is always +2 confident if the relationship is superior to +5.

When discovered, aliens have 50% chance to feel +2 embarrassed.

When discovering an alien, sims get a random relationship gain or drop varying between -10 and +10. The exceptions are erratic sims (random, between -20 and + 20), cheerful sims (always +10), geeks (always +20), mean sims (always -10), hot-headed sims (always -10)."

The key word here, though, is discovered. There is (or SHOULD be) a difference between making a discovery and a completely obvious observation. These reactions should only happen if Sims see through an alien disguiseAnd I'm confused. Is this meant to say that GOOD Sims can get angry at discovering aliens (but not EVIL Sims)?! Makes NO sense! These Sims are supposed to be GOOD. This is also making me recall what happened when introducing an undisguised alien to Liberty Lee recently. She had an instant relationship boost with the alien (likely because she's a geek), but she still got that angry "alien deception" moodlet... What?

Message 28 of 32 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The alien discovery really should only happen if they were disguised in the first place.

My alien Sim has never used her disguise. She had full friendship and romantic relationship bars with Summer Holiday, was married to her for a long time, and was pregnant with their first child. The fact that she was an alien shouldn't have been a problem. But one day while they were out to dinner, Summer randomly "discovered" that her spouse was an alien and their relationship bars dropped so dramatically that they are no longer married. It's ridiculous. I complained in the forum and was told this issue was mentioned here.

Message 29 of 32 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is one of the reasons I use MCCC now. You can set it so aliens are forced to stay in their disguise by default so you don't have a bunch of blatantly obvious aliens running around. This brings in the fun in actually being surprised when your new best friend suddenly uses mind powers on you and reveals they are an alien Party hat

Message 30 of 32 (2,034 Views)