[FIXED] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73)

by ReumaZika

Original Post

Re: Unbreakable Objects are broken and can't be fixed

★★★★★ Guide

I had to replace my "unbreakable" computer for 8,000 simoleons!  No other way to fix as I'm my sims aren't spellcasters and I can't have Eco installed as it breaks MY computer!  lol. I don't understand why an unbreakable item breaks.  Bug??  Only happened today, never happened before and all my mods are up-to-date.

Message 41 of 59 (1,099 Views)

Re: Unbreakable Objects are broken and can't be fixed

Hero
@Gednaa Moved your post over to the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 59 (1,093 Views)

Unbreakable things... break

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but last two on everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade something so it is unbreakable
What happens when the bug occurs? Something that should not breaks does and you can not repair. You can replace at least.
What do you expect to see? Things that say do not break... do not break.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I this game just getting more and more bugs?

Message 43 of 59 (1,096 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73 Edition)

★★★ Apprentice

I just had this issue. I had a bathtub upgraded to be unbreakable, but it still breaks. And then, I couldn't repair it. This is very annoying and unacceptable.

Message 44 of 59 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here (PS4, any Version since early 2020)

Message 45 of 59 (994 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 59 (916 Views)

@SimGuruRitzy 

here's a save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8fxxAXl-wGyJLn-Tst8q3OgKkGUq3FV?usp=sharing

it's the Slot_00000007.save, the one named Unbreakable breaks no repair BUG

In this save, in the restaurant, the Jumpin' Joe's Jukebox is unbreakable but is broken and cannot be repaired

Message 47 of 59 (606 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Arthur Gibraltar I gave you XP simply because you reminded me to never use objects in this game that are listed as unbreakable, and also reminded me to never add the unbreakable upgrade because it's pointless on some objects if they're just going to break anyway. I can't say whether or not this is still happening to me, but that's only because I completely gave up on the unbreakable upgrade a long time ago since it seems that certain objects (seems to be radios) will never be fixed so the upgrade actually works.

Message 48 of 59 (578 Views)

Unbreakable radios become unfixable

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me twice

I had a residential wall speaker.  I had applied all 3 available upgrades to it.  It occurs to me now that the "firaxium wiring" upgrade is described as making the radio unbreakable, and so I question if that is part of the bug.

At some point, the residential wall speaker was flashing, indicating it was broken.  So I sent my maxed out handiness sim to go about fixing it.  She worked on it and worked on it and worked on it for hours, no progress.  I stopped and restarted - never did the task show any progress being made as she continued "fixing' the "unbreakable" speaker.  I closed and saved the game.  I ran a repair on the install.  I relaunched.  Still, no progress is repairs.

I called in a repair guy - he stayed a few days tinkering on the thing.  I stopped him from repairing it, he stuck around for food and conversation - like a normal fired repair guy will do, of course.

Eventually I decided, screw this - deleted the speaker.

Decided may as well upgrade - Put in a Jumpin' Joes Jukebox.  Gave it all the upgrades, including the firaxium wiring that should render it unbreakable.

It broke.

No progress when trying to repair.

This is rather annoying that I seem to be stuck with a game in which my radios will inevitably breakdown and there's no option but to buy a new one, and apply the upgrades again, without them actually doing anything.

Message 49 of 59 (564 Views)

Firaxium Wiring upgrade on Stereo NEVER work

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most expansions and game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Place a stereo 2. Upgrade it with all available upgrades 3. Keep playing music 24/7 4. Stereo will break and need to replace after a period of time
What happens when the bug occurs? Stereo will break and need to replace after a period of time
What do you expect to see? The upgrade says it never break and stereo should never break even playing 24/7 all days
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Firaxium Wiring upgrade on Stereo NEVER work

Message 50 of 59 (536 Views)