[FIXED] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73)

by ReumaZika

Original Post

music devices upgraded to unbreakable are unfixable insted

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? music devices upgraded to unbreakable are unfixable insted
What do you expect to see? music devices upgraded to unbreakable are unbreakable or at least are fixable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

music devices upgraded to unbreakable are unfixable insted.
still since 100 years or so. fix the game.

Message 31 of 59 (1,195 Views)

Re: music devices upgraded to unbreakable are unfixable insted

★★★ Guide

All my stereos with unbreakable upgrade keep breaking almost at the same time every few sim days, like they commit collective suicide. At this point the stereos are more reliable without upgrades.

With testingcheats on you can easily reset the unbreakable broken stereos, which puts them back to working order, but it's super annoying nonetheless.

Message 32 of 59 (1,184 Views)

"Unbreakable" stereo keeps breaking

★★★ Apprentice

I've upgraded all the objects in my house to be unbreakable, but the stereo keeps breaking anyway! I just caught the butler trying to repair it. Whenever that happens, she can't complete the repair and I have to reset the object. It's the Jumpin' Joe's Jukebox.

Message 33 of 59 (1,177 Views)

Re: "Unbreakable" stereo keeps breaking

★ Guide

@Kattoinette Ive not seen if there is a permanent fix for this, but you could use a cheat to reset the unbreakable stereo's, with testingcheats on.

Message 34 of 59 (1,168 Views)

Hero
@Kattoinette I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 59 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I typically Shift+Click and reset. Otherwise, my butler will spend the entire night "fixing" it.

Message 36 of 59 (1,120 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73 Edition)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem with stereos. all of my stereos have the Firaxium Wiring upgrade, and say that they cannot break, but they continue to break and become unrepairable. this has been happening in the game for as long as I can remember. it seems EA is incapable or not interested in fixing this issue. meanwhile our friendly community moderator is powerless to do anything other than merge our problems together like so much dirt swept under the rug...

this is pathetic.

Message 37 of 59 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue with my stereo as well, but I can say with certainty that it is not caused by rain nor gnomes since I had neither in my game when the glitch initially occurred.

Message 38 of 59 (1,027 Views)

Re: Sim works forever and doesn't fix radio equipment (Encantador de Síndicos pt

★★★★★ Novice

As of the last 2 patches my repairio has a high failure rate.  In fact except for the most basic of objects it fails causing fires and dupilcating the broken objects.

Message 39 of 59 (987 Views)

★★★★ Guide

SIGH... why does this issue still exist? Earlier I upgraded my sim's radio to be unbreakable, thinking this issue might have actually been fixed, and just now it broke and if my sim tries to repair it they just stand there endlessly without any progress. Can you just remove the unbreakable upgrades if they aren't going to work? I mean it's bad enough that the upgrade doesn't work, but when you can't even repair the stupid things it's just irritating. 

Playing base game only, on Xbox One, and whatever the most recent patch is.

Message 40 of 59 (946 Views)