Re: Tower of Power Floor Speaker cannot be repaired when fully upgraded

★★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Language: English
Bug frequency: 100% (Eventually)
Version: 1.61.15.1020
Packs: GTW, CD, GF, OR, JA, ROM, MHSP
Custom content: SimulationLagFix

I've seen this happen with every non-boombox stereo, including the GrammyFone Radiogram. I think I've seen it happen with the boombox-type radios, but I don't know for certain as I haven't used those quite as much.

I don't have gnomes or weather, and I'm pretty sure it isn't some kind of situation where a mischievous sim is coming in and messing with it somehow.

There is a non-magic workaround that appears to be more reliable than 'put it in the household inventory and take it back out.' Don't put it in the inventory, simply go into build mode and move it, even just a short distance. Exit build mode, make sure it's fixed, and then put it back where you want it.

Message 21 of 59 (2,203 Views)

Can't repair Vintage Glamour Stuff Radio

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the GrammyPhone Radiogram break and try to repair it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims set to repair it get's no progress circle and just stands there in the repair animation.
What do you expect to see? Being able to repair the item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a household that has the radiogram from the Vintage Glamour pack. Whenever it breaks I have to replace it, as repairing it isn't possible. My Sim has maxed out Handiness, and everything else what broke could be repaired just fine. Just not the musicbox. When I send my Sim to repair it, he will just stand there with the repair animation, but no progress is made.

The music box is fully upgraded.

Message 22 of 59 (2,173 Views)

Re: Can't repair Vintage Glamour Stuff Radio

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Merged with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 59 (2,151 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73 Edition)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair.png

game version : 1.62.67.1020

save file link: click

The stereo has the "Firaxium Wiring" upgrade.

edit) fix the link.

Message 24 of 59 (2,112 Views)

Electronic Upgrade Bug

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade a stereo or a TV with the Firaxium Wiring upgrade
What happens when the bug occurs? The item will break with time, but you'll be unable to fix it since the progress won't update, getting your sim stuck on a loop of infinite Handiness skill.
What do you expect to see? Items with Firaxium Wiring should NOT break.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug has two results, the first is that once you do a 'Firaxium Wiring' upgrade on a stereo or TV, you'll be able to install "better components" too, which is not only useless but should be impossible  ( like the Fridge of Steel, that disables the Reinforced Door upgrade if installed first on Refrigerators ). The second is that Firaxium Wiring not only will still allow your devices to break, but will make it impossible to be repaired, only replaced (  if you try to replace a Firaxium upgraded device, the sim will be on a loop, gaining handiness XP without making progress until the action is cancelled ). I attached a few shots on the options I used to illustrate the problem regarding the options mentioned, and I can name 3 of the devices I've seen the issue happen more frequently : Residential Wall Speaker, the Holiday Wall Speaker and Jumping Joe's Jukebox.

Message 25 of 59 (2,076 Views)

Re: Electronic Upgrade Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is exactly the same bug as https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Unbreakable-objects-break-and-can-t-be-repaired/td-p/688...

Why was that thread closed as fixed, if the issue still occurs?

What is the community manager doing? This bug is 2 YEARS old, why would you close a bug as fixed if it still occurs, with the temporary fix being just a workaround ?

Why not tag it as a workaround and stop wasting people's time into finding bugs for you since you fired your QA testers from EA Romania.

So happy that CODEX is offering us all your bugged games for free

Message 26 of 59 (2,020 Views)

Re: Electronic Upgrade Bug

★ Guide

Dear EA if You Are NOT going to FiX THIS OMG just remove Firaxium wiring upgrade altogether so i can use upgrade all.... i am tired of purposely avoiding broken stuff in your game.

while your at it maybe fix the rest of broken things that has been on the forum for what? years.... tired of finding  sims stuck trying to repair a unrepairable stereo.. tired of replacing stereos when it should take a second to click repair. every now and then i try it and see if it is fixed guess what it is still broken....   PC and PS4  my guess all other platforms as well.

either that or just change its note to this and call it a feature you lazy developers Standard smile

Firaxium Wiring  "This revolutionary wiring makes the stereo unfixable!

Message 27 of 59 (1,946 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73 Edition)

★ Guide

Yes, I have had this FOREVER too, any stereo.  Firaxium wiring doesn't make it unbreakable, it just makes it unfixable.  It's not gnomes, or rain, or pranks, it will just happen when it's been used for long enough.  Thankfully with spellcasters now, "Repairio" will fix them.

Message 28 of 59 (1,920 Views)

The Landlord Whisper Radio with unbreakable parts breaks & can't be repaired

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.120
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Island Living, Get to Work, Star wars, dinning out, outdoor retreat, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grimm's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase "The Landlord Whisper" Radio. Then upgrade it with all three upgrades. Then just play until it breaks.
What happens when the bug occurs? It just breaks and can't be repaired including if we hire a repair guy.
What do you expect to see? It is unbreakable so it shouldn't break.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have Sims 4 version 1.67.45.1020 and I have The Landlord Whisperer Radio (same radio that another person had the same issue with on here and you said was fixed in the 1.57 version patch) and it is completely upgraded including with unbreakable parts.  It is broken and can't be repaired.  I tried repairing using each person in the house, I exited the game and came back int, and hired a repair guy.  Nothing fixes it.  I used what was told to the previous person with this issue, which was to put in inventory and then get it back out.  I did that and when it comes back out, it comes out broken.  This is the only issue I have had with something not being fixed when broken.  I am pretty sure something else did break in the house that had unbreakable parts, but I can't remember for sure.

Message 29 of 59 (1,852 Views)

Re: The Landlord Whisper Radio with unbreakable parts breaks & can't be repa

★★★ Guide

I have this as well on 1.68

Two stereos upgraded to unbreaking (firaxium wiring), but they still break and when attempting to repair them the sims just stand there screwing forever.

Message 30 of 59 (1,778 Views)