Re: Sim works forever and doesn't fix radio equipment (Encantador de Síndicos pt

by ReumaZika

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unbreakable Object breaks, no repair (Patch 1.59.73)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Repair the radio equipment (named "Encantador de Síndicos" in pt-br). Other equipments can be fixed normally, like computers (I haven't tested them all).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim tries to fix radio equipment (named "Encantador de Síndicos" in pt-br) forever without ever finishing or make it work again.
What do you expect to see? The Sim don't work forever, can fix the radio equipment, get success and make it works again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I don't know exactly. In the middle of last year, everything worked normally (last time I played)

Well, I hope to be doing it correctly!!

Thank you!!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 59 (9,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [S] [CL] Rain/Gnomes break Unbreakable objects and can't be repaired

Hero

Stereo and Radio objects upgraded to Unbreakable shouldn’t break, no matter how hard you try. Problem was that the more determined Sims were finding the one weakness. These have been repaired free of charge and your Sims taught not to bend it that way again.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue, Please note exactly which objects you have issues with. This isn't the first time this is getting fixed so it's important to know what's still broken (if anything is)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (1,818 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim works forever and doesn't fix radio equipment (Encantador de Síndicos pt

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ReumaZika Did you add any unbreakable upgrades to that ? If so, did the equipment newly break after the newest patch ?

EDIT: 

If you have this issue for BREAKABLE objects, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Breakable-Objects-can-t-be-repaired/td-p/9857619/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 59 (9,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Yes, all upgrades were done, including one that said it's was unbreakable - but it break anyway.
Yes, I was playing yesterday; the radio was working perfectly when it break and I can't repair it.
My Sim have a trait that give to him a option "instant repair", and it don't work equally.

Happy 2020 fot you, too!!

Message 3 of 59 (9,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ReumaZika Try placing the radio in the household inventory and then move it back. That should fix it

Sad to hear unbreakable stuff still breaks, especially since you just have the base game and none of the usually stuff that break unbrakebales apply (rain, gnomes)

Could you post a picture of the object that broke ? To be sure which one it was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 59 (9,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Of course!!

In the first image, see the sparks, showing it's broken; in the second, the options "Reparar" and "Reparo Instantâneo!" in red square ("Repair" and "Instant Repair", respectively) are available; and in the third, all updates are done.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I put the radio in the household inventory and return it, as you suggested, and nothing happened; it is still break and I fix it forever.

_

Edit: I think I uploaded the images in a "nonviable" way ... So I edited it and added it to the text.

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 59 (9,275 Views)

Hero
@ReumaZika Then you will probably need to replace it. The issue is that it shouldn't break in the first place cause you can't fix unbreakable stuff.

Thanks for the pictures.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 59 (9,238 Views)

Hero

@ReumaZika @crinrict   I see this in my game too but with the DJ Booth that have all upgrades.  My sims can repair the stereos and radios just fine.  Doesn't seem to matter which DJ Booth it is either.  The sim trying to repair one will just keep trying to repair it forever and it never gets fixed though any of the regular repair options.  The only time they will stop autonomously is if they get electrocuted too unless you cancel the action.  I've been replacing them when they break.  But I have found that a spellcaster with the Repairio spell from ROM will actually fix them so not all hope is lost.

Message 7 of 59 (9,206 Views)

Tower of Power Floor Speaker cannot be repaired when fully upgraded

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Seasons, Get to Work, Island Living,Cats and Dogs,Get Together, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Spooky, Perfect Patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Tower of Power Floor Speaker, with full upgrades
What happens when the bug occurs? When fully upgraded, sims get stuck repairing the Tower of Power Floor Speaker when it breaks (even though it should be unbreakable) and are unable to finish the repair. I need to cancel the command and replace the stereo.
What do you expect to see? 1. The stereo shouldn't break. 2. Sims should repair the speaker for an hour or two then it should be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thank you

Message 8 of 59 (9,187 Views)

Re: Tower of Power Floor Speaker cannot be repaired when fully upgraded

[ Edited ]
Hero

@buddhachick Do you have any idea what broke the stereo ?

Possibilities:
- Gnomes
- Rain
- Pranking

- Ghosts ?

(also merged with existing thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 59 (9,164 Views)

Re: Tower of Power Floor Speaker cannot be repaired when fully upgraded

★ Apprentice

I'm not positive but it could be gnomes.  I have a ton of them and they tend to hang out under the stereo.  I usually either leave them alone or keep them happy though, so I"m not sure why they would break anything.  I tend to leave it turned on.  Could that break it?  I like the background music.

Message 10 of 59 (9,127 Views)