by wecantpickaname

Original Post

[OPEN] Unable to Share Via Facebook

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Laundry Day stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Origin and start the game as usual. Go into the game settings, Game Options then Other OR play a household and take a screenshot then attempt to select Facebook to share an image to.
What happens when the bug occurs? The button for Facebook is not clickable while Twitter button works fine. Hovering over the Facebook button shoes a message that the option to share images to Facebook is unavailable.
What do you expect to see? I try to share an image to Facebook through my game and Facebook button is not clickable, only Twitter button is okay. I do not have a Twitter account but it is the only button that works between the two.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if the issue happened after a patch but I am thinking it is possible that it did begin to occur around July 2018

Message 1 of 5 (804 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Unable to Share Via Facebook

★★★ Guide

I have just tested it, it is not possible to share screenshots on Facebook.

11.png

12.png

Message 2 of 5 (749 Views)

Facebook service unavailable?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the …, go to Game Options, Other, and try to Login to Facebook
What happens when the bug occurs? 'Log In to Facebook' option is greyed out. When you hover over the option, a tooltip appears saying 'Facebook Service unavailable.'
What do you expect to see? 'Log In to Facebook' option should be enabled and should be able to login successfully.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ever since I bought the Sims 4, I've unable to share content in the Sims 4 through Facebook. The Option for  'Log In to Facebook'  is greyed out. I've tried running a repair of the game in Origin but it's not fixed the issue. Are there certain config files that I can modify to reset these options manually?

Message 3 of 5 (656 Views)

Re: Facebook service unavailable?

Hero

hi @KillerKoala78 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (647 Views)

Re: Facebook service unavailable?

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same bug.

Message 5 of 5 (578 Views)