Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unable to Progress in new tutorial due to greyed out selections

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game with tutorial mode, get to part after you get your first promotion when it says "You now have Free Play time until you complete all of your Sim's Aspiration goals. Check your progress in the Aspirations panel. And remember to take care of their needs, but most importantly...have fun!"
What happens when the bug occurs? I am trying to complete the aspirations but the tutorial will not allow it. The phone icon is greyed out and when I hover over it it says "Disabled by tutorial". Without it I can't take a vacation day or travel to a community venue which I need to do for the aspiration. And when I try to go fishing by clicking on the fishing post the option is also greyed out and hovering over it all it says it "Disabled by tutorial". I can't do anything to complete my aspirations and progress now.
What do you expect to see? Being able to complete my aspirations by taking a vacation day, travelling to a community lot, and fishing for 1 hour. Am I supposed to do something else? Please help!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13 2018. The new tutorial.

Message 1 of 67 (36,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Unable to Progress in new tutorial due to greyed out selections

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Tutorial will no longer lock if your Sim is promoted before you are given the "You Need to Gain Skill to be Promoted" task.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Please use this thread if you're on console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/td-p/...

EDIT: Seems this was only a partial fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 67 (18,914 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to Progress in new tutorial due to greyed out selections

Hero
Which aspiration did you choose ?

Sound like too much is disabled by the tutorial ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 67 (35,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I chose the Chef aspiration. I plan on checking the other three and will let you know if they have the same problem.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Pets, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration.

Message 3 of 67 (35,823 Views)

★ Apprentice

I used the trendsetter aspiration 

Message 4 of 67 (35,820 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I have now tried all four tutorial aspirations and ran into the same problem with all four. I get to the last milestone of the aspiration but can't complete it because the phone, travel, and fishing are all still locked.

Message 5 of 67 (35,749 Views)

Hero
Thank you for your thorough testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 67 (35,744 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Everything originally disabled by the tutorial never unlocks for me so I have to wait for her to do them by herself unless I make an elder who dies of old age after leaving CAS. Finishing the tutorial doesn’t unlock them either.

Message 7 of 67 (35,699 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Actually I think the phone stuff works for me. Was that supposed to be locked by the tutorial at first? Because I could use it right away.

Message 8 of 67 (35,698 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also when I start a new game clicking on the option to skip the tutorial does nothing so I’m forced to do the tutorial when starting a new game.

Message 9 of 67 (35,667 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have you tried disabling tutorial in the game options?

Message 10 of 67 (35,653 Views)