by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Umbrella Table overly transparent in shadows at night

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (except the 'My first pet stuff'. latest one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing the large round outdoor table, with the umbrella close to building and change from Day, Evening, Night etc to see if it creates the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? The umbrella (whilst is the 'see-through fabric one') looks like it has a chunk out of it.
What do you expect to see? A normal umbrella, shaded differently perhaps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I haven't yet used this umbrella often, is it a known issue, with lighting/shading, or is it meant to display like that in shadows at night, since it is a slightly 'see through' fabric type? nb: It is 'totally invisible' when totally shaded by tree or house with just the 'skeleton' viewable. In Live or Build mode. TIA, Sasha

Umbrella Evening.png

Looks fine in the Daylight

Umbrella daylight hours.png

Message 1 of 2 (779 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Large Umbrella from Backyard Stuff Pack

Hero (Retired)

The object name is Voyeuristic Large Umbrella Table.  It looks to me like a glitch that occurs when the object is in shadows outdoors at night.  Any transition between the area covered in shadow and not is glaringly jagged and does not look like it was designed to appear that way:

1. Partially in the shadow of a building

umbrella1.jpg

2. Partially in the shadow of a tree

umbrella2.jpg

3. Inside a darkened interior - a more normal appearance that you might expect to see outdoors in shadow

umbrella3.jpg

I will add the issue to our list.

Message 2 of 2 (717 Views)