Original Post

Accepted Solution

[By Design] Tutorial not available/ No option to turn Tutorial back on

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Laundry Days, Fitness stuff, Romantic Garden, Toddler stuff and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a new party, Tutorial is no longer proposed since 29th June patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Tutorial is no longer available
What do you expect to see? New player can be able to run the tutorial to learn how to play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug occure since 29th June patch

Hello,

Before the 29th June patch, I was doing the tutorial (I just bought the game on steam). I saved my game and quit. At the next start, I had to download the new 29th june update.

And after installed this update, it seems the tutorial is no longer available at all. I tried to load my saved game, it works but the tutorial is no longer present.

I try to start a new game, no tutorial proposal.
I uninstalled/installed the game and still no tutorial proposal.

I took a look in option, but it seems the option to restart the tutorial is no longer present.

Please EA, fix this, I'm a new player and don't know how to play ! I can see tuto on youtube, but an interactive tutorial in game is more usefule.

Thanks

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 7 of 44 (12,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tutorial not available/ No option to turn Tutorial back on

Community Manager

Hey all, 

The Sims 4 tutorial was intentionally removed, and players can expect new and exciting introductions to our game that we’re working through now.

EACade

View in thread

Message 42 of 44 (6,505 Views)

All Replies

how do i re-enable tutorials

★ Novice
I want to play a new game with the tutorials on for like the house and stuff but I disabled it a while ago and I can't find the option to re-enable tutorials in the game settings. I've been searching but I can't find anyone with the same problem. The only options I have in the tips and tutorials section of the settings are 'enable help tips', 'reset tips', and 'end tutorial' (which I can't do cause I'm not in a tutorial) is the setting found somewhere else? I want the option to have tutorials back.
Message 1 of 44 (12,744 Views)

Re: how do i re-enable tutorials

Champion (Retired)

@narumiiy 

From your description it appears that it is the in game tips you want not the  tutorial that runs at the beginning of a new game. You do this by resetting tips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 44 (12,722 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I actually tried that before posting. I'm pretty sure that's not it. I need the big tutorials with like the voiceover and Alex.
Message 3 of 44 (12,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Just Want The House.Devil What is the tutorial house called?

Message 4 of 44 (12,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@narumiiy , as far as I know, you can only access the tutorial at the start of a new save game file.  If you want to do the tutorial house (with the voiceover) , you can always start a new game and just learn from that , and then go back to your older save game file if you want.  (Or you can continue playing in the new save file, if you prefer).. 😉
Update:  I was unaware of them removing the tutorial.  I hadn't created a new Sim since the last patch (and about a week and a half ago someone was asking questions here about how to get out of being stuck in the tutorial).😅 Thank you @jpkarlsen for informing us that the tutorial is no longer activated! Standard smile

@MegaManNeoX , if you are playing on a console I can't help you since I play on a PC.  However,  if you are playing on PC or Mac there are a number of people who have uploaded the Maxis-built Tutorial House on the Gallery.  Some of them have been "improved" but there are some that were left alone so that they are the same as the one in the tutorial.  I just typed tutorial house in the item search box of the Gallery and a bunch of them came up. Standard smile One of the ones that was kept to look like the original was uploaded by WisdomBuilders and is simply called "Original Tutorial House", but several others are also the original house.  Just stay away from any houses that say they are "redone" , "refurb" "reno", "make over", etc. as those have been changed in some way. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 44 (12,637 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@narumiiy 

So it is the starting tutorial you want. Unfortunately it looks like this has been disabled. probably due to the issues there was with it (in certain conditions you got stuck and could not complete the tutorial). If it will return I can not say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 44 (12,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Damgot_FR-BE 

I tested this on a fresh folder and also don't see the tutorial anymore but seeing this new dialog on creating a Sim during the festival sessions, I wonder if it's on purpose while the festival is going on.

Bild_2021-07-04_124557.png

EDIT: Merging this with the bug report for now @narumiiy 

@jpkarlsen and @PugLove888  for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 44 (12,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I was only wanting the tutorial for Alex and the house.

Message 9 of 44 (12,575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue as well; wanted to create a Sim with the over-achiever trait, but couldn't find how to re-enable the tutorial anywhere.

Do we know why the tutorial is gone at all?

Was it on purpose or by mistake?

I hope it's not on purpose, since that trait was plenty useful for certain playthroughs; tutorial was the only way to get it, so with tutorial gone now it's impossible to get without using cheats, which I don't like using if possible :/

Message 10 of 44 (12,557 Views)