Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Seasons Vampires, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour Stuff,Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe searching online or testing the bug in-game
What happens when the bug occurs? certain sims show up in underwear at all places
What do you expect to see? Sims showing up in their own outfits and not style trends
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I placed one of my sims into the Style Influencer Career and I made her creat a trend, now after a while I got bored of that trend and didn't want it anymore so i did these following steps:

1. Went into create a trend and removed all the clothes thinking all sims would go back to their normal outfits

2. Previous step did not work and instead resulted in sims in underwear so I thought getting her fired from the Style Influencer career would fix it

3. Previous step did not work so i tried evicting the household

4. Previous step did not work so i tried deleting the household

Since step 1, nothing has worked. Sims are still walking around in underwear and I've just lost a household.

Message 1 of 38 (6,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero

Style Influencer Sims can now remove trends they have created, with the Reset Trend interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 38 (4,643 Views)

All Replies

Re: [XB1] Trends from the trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero (Retired)

This is true in PC as well - I can find no way to turn off or delete a style trend after it's been created. I had one Trendsetter sim who created one style trend for masculine and one for feminine. The styles show up all over, even 3 generations after her death.

I think the only workaround at this point is to make all 5 trends for each sex, so you have more of a selection showing up.

Message 2 of 38 (6,697 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Could this just mean it's something they haven't covered while adding the Style Influencer career?

Message 3 of 38 (6,668 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JrMalungo wrote:

Could this just mean it's something they haven't covered while adding the Style Influencer career?

My guess is that's exactly what it is. Standard smile

Message 4 of 38 (6,639 Views)

Re: Trends from the trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero

As it's happening on both console and PC, I'm going to treat this as regular PC issue and add to the list on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 38 (6,571 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (6,512 Views)

★ Guide

I had 1 sim in the stylist career and I had her set a trend, I wanted to switch her career to gardener so I had her quit the stylist career and yet here we are 4 full seasons later (also I use the 28 day long seasons) and I still see sims wearing those stupid trends.  Not sure why there isn't an option to turn this off or why they are still showing up in my game when my 1 stylist isn't even a stylist anymore.  If they don't want to have the option of turning trends off can they at least only have the trends last maybe 1 season and then not show up again, because at this point it's kind of ridiculous.

Message 7 of 38 (6,421 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem, except my sim uses the Trailblazer perk from Get Famous instead of the Style Influencer career to set trends. This is really annoying especially for played sims and occults (for example, I have mermaids in my game wearing the trendy tops with their tails). Honestly, I really wish played sims and occults wouldn’t follow the trends at all. I had my sim delete the outfits on trend but sims still show up wearing them nonstop. I even eventually removed the Trailblazer perk from my sim and sims are STILL wearing the outfits on “trend”. Seriously, I’m so tired of this... It would be a huge relief if it ever gets fixed and until that happens I will definitely never set a trend again!

Message 8 of 38 (6,414 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Even Death is wearing the trend style on top of his black robe... Not a very neat thing at all.

Message 9 of 38 (6,183 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC. I have the problem with the style influencer career (set trends) and the get famous perk as well. It never stops. I just ended up deleting my save and moving the sims to another save after dealing with literally a third of my own played sims (as well as NPC's) wearing trends since the career was released (also copying my celebs outfit).

The best solution would be to add a time limit for trends and that specific perk. Maybe set it for a season or even a few sim weeks or whatever, but a limit is needed. Whats the point in creating trends in a game if we can't be creative and then move on?

I'd like to set som crazy trends but I don't dare to seeing my celeb sims outfits on other sims (since he has the perk) and trends my stylist created, in like January this year, still is as present as ever everywhere in the game.

Message 10 of 38 (6,088 Views)