[FIXED] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

by moneser

Original Post

Re: Household sim's whims reset when one sim travels

Hero
@justyniaok1 I merged your post with the existing one.

There's no need for new thread if there is already one that's still tagged as open/Needs input.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 29 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 12 of 29 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is incredibly frustrating because the "needs input" tag has been used as a reason not to fix a major bug that really impacts play for months and months. Why can't you reproduce the bug yourselves? Have you tried?

How much "input" do you need to receive to understand that other Sims' whims get reset 100% of the time that you make part of a household travel?

A core aspect of gameplay is so broken that I rarely use my favorite expansion packs' features. I reported it in MAY and plenty of other users seconded the info. I haven't had an engineer so much as say that they will look into it in over half a year.

Message 13 of 29 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@moneser The tag has nothing to do with how QA treats an issue.

It's more that only 7 people clicked me too on this.

I think a lot of people have probably turned off whims

Needs input just means that it needs more people to chime in but that tags as said have nothing to do with how EA treats an issue. It's an encouragement.

As it's no longer tagged anyways I'm going to assume you removed the tag ?

There^s more information on how the forum works here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (1,013 Views)

Re: Traveling resets other Sims' whims

★ Guide

I’m also noticing an issue lately whenever I load my game or if my sims travel weather it’s both my current sims or just one of them the whim that i pinned to save is suddenly gone and sometimes I can’t get it back for two or three sim weeks which usually after completing a few whims I can get the whim I wanted back. 

I play the game with no mods or cc and I have all exspansions/game packs/stuff packs except for the new paranormal. 

Message 15 of 29 (970 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

★ Novice

Same issue here. No cc, no mods, no expansions except for the free Holiday pack. 

Message 16 of 29 (880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue and when changing households the whims get unlocked! Would like them to stay when I travel and change households so I can play rotationally!!

Message 17 of 29 (814 Views)

★ Guide

I have not played the Sims 4 for over six month, hoping that at least some bugs will be fixed! To my surprise this is still a glitch! I mean how many years is going to take to fix this?!? 

Message 18 of 29 (783 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still having this issue in August 2021. Happens every time a Sim travels. Very frustrating when you play whims-based.

Message 19 of 29 (731 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. Pinned whims resetting.

Message 20 of 29 (610 Views)