[OPEN] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

by SproutLee

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue too. It seems to be only in the new Pets game pack. There are trash plants growing on the beach, on my back patio, on the docks by the water, etc. And there is no way to remove them in these places. 

It's ugly and annoying. 

I have all the expansions, game packs and stuff packs. 

Message 21 of 24 (569 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick I have the same issue and have attached a link to my saved game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LLtPpuAmgh44jodNLqIiVV1ZCZ0wUa_K/view?usp=sharing .

You can find two trash plants which grew in front of the door to Hakim House Apartments in San Myshuno. My poor Grant family has a cute little Pomeranian who originally couldn't go down the elevator, so I installed a mod to allow pets to use elevators (otherwise what is the point of having dogs in apartments?). That worked, but now neither owner nor pet can go downstairs anymore because two trash plants popped up in front of the apartment door due to the dog pooping outside.

I think some sort of fix that would allow a pet to use the elevator and keep trash plants from spawning in front of doorways would help here (I know, it's unrealistic in real life but very cumbersome in sims apartment living).
Message 22 of 24 (472 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I no longer live in Brindleton Bay because of this. I find the continuous presence of pet poo and trash plants puts me off.

Stray pets poo wherever they are. I don't notice it in time. The pet poo becomes a trash plant. That's what causes it for me.

It might also happen when townie pet owners take their pets on a walk: I hope they're good citizens and pick up the poo!

Message 23 of 24 (409 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see this in Brindleton Bay as well. I'm currently playing on that huge lot right in the middle of the world, and there are dozens of trash plants on the boardwalks. I get where they're coming from and why they're there, but can they tone it down a little? Tweak the code so that they don't pop up so often? I don't remember it being this much of a problem until somewhat recently.

Message 24 of 24 (252 Views)