Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a trash plant somewhere on lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Other trash plants will appear in odd areas like the side walk or on the porch
What do you expect to see? Trash Plants not showing up in these places
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

11-28-18_9-40-28 PM.png

12-02-18_2-28-03 PM.png

I think a pet poop made this one appear

Message 1 of 24 (5,326 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Adding my experience: I had several pet poo piles created by NPC pets anywhere turn into a trash plant after a few days (especially if it was raining). Obviously, this case requires both Cats&Dogs (for pet poo) and seasons (for the rain to water the plant).

The trash plants will grow anywhere - grass, asphalt, wooden pier...

I believe this started with the hotfix patch after the "sketchpad & first-person patch" but can't be 100% sure.

EDIT: my installation consists of Cats&Dogs, Seasons, Spa Day and Parenthood packs + some CC clothing/hair.

Message 2 of 24 (5,145 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trash Plants Showing Up Everywhere

Hero
Added as Needs Input for more voices

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (5,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Its pet poop. from any pet, yours or a stray. solution is to pick up the poop before it grows into a trash plant, or delete the trash plant once it grows. I dont see this as a bug. 

Message 4 of 24 (5,070 Views)

Hero

@andrea8505

Did this happen to you before the GF patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (5,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

For me Nope! Just started seeing after GF patch.

Message 6 of 24 (5,032 Views)

★ Guide

This has been happening to me for quite a while, and before the GF patch.

Message 7 of 24 (4,973 Views)

trash plant hindering the entrance of apartments

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions packs, all game packs, Glamour vintage pack, fitness pack, perfect patio stuff pack and cinema pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? having the "luck" of a trashplant growing in front of the entrance of any apartment (the frontdoor to the street) for no aparent reason
What happens when the bug occurs? A trashplant grows right in the entrance to the building, hindering any sim to leave the apartment lot.
What do you expect to see? any way of getting rid of that plant or they not growing IN FRONT OF THE ONLY PASSAGE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A trashplant grows right in the entrance to the building, hindering any sim to leave the apartment lot and weirdly they cant go to their homes even if they live in the apartment nextdoor. i cant go to build mode and just delet it because the game doesn't alow me to edit outide the lot/apartment. and i cant splice it to death because i cant even get down to splice it. Also every sim that comes to my apartment can't leave. Using another family member to go to any other lot on the neighborhood causes the plant to vanish from existence, thus making it impossible to get rid of it by this method. calling anybody to my house they apear instantly out of the elevator thus making it also impossible to deal with this plant.

Message 8 of 24 (4,953 Views)

@Turzeen  I've merged your post into this thread, since it looks like the same issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 24 (4,936 Views)

Re: trash plant hindering the entrance of apartments

Champion
Try to turn testingcheats on, shift click on the ground outside and teleport out to destroy the plant with splicing from the outside.
Message 10 of 24 (4,924 Views)